Should I get a Law Degree (University of Sussex, UK) and Arts Degree (Laurier) So I’m in grade 12 right … The law school in England is Sussex and isn’t ranked very high. BMOS stands no where near the other options, except maybe Mac. In a freer market like the US (albeit distorted by the nature of student loans), you actually have had some law schools freeze or lower tuition (or go out of business). Until that changes, getting a degree from some off-brand law school is just crazy.

I am just pointing out that it is a viable option for anyone who wants to become qualified to practice law in Ontario. From program comparisons to admission requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students. Sorry, you do not have a permission to add a question, You must login to ask question. Laurier shits on BMOS for buy-side recruiting in Canada. Student loans aren't treated more punitively than other loans.

Laurier signed an agreement to affiliate with 1 of the world’s top 100 educational institutions to offer students an opportunity to earn a Laurier undergraduate degree and a law degree (LLB) from the University of Sussex, United Kingdom (UK), in 6 years. anonymoususer.

Please enter your email address. If you can't get an 80% in your first 2 years, you're going to have a hell of a bad time at Queens commerce. Note, I'm not suggesting that Laurier shouldn't be allowed to proceed with this program, I just think it's a terrible idea for anyone to buy into it.

With residence-facilitated learning experiences, this learning cluster challenges and inspires you to achieve academic excellence in a supportive environment. I am sure there are many, myself included, who did a degree in Psychology/sociology/ women's studies/ communications/ etc just for the sake of completing a degree without any research into job prospects. We are not officially affiliated with the University and Western is not responsible for the content of this subreddit, Press J to jump to the feed. But many people are poorly suited to run their own businesses generally, and there are still more options with law than in most fields - I'm not particularly entrepreneurial but I still practice law part-time (with the permission of my full-time workplace, and knowledge of the law society, and informing clients, etc.). Create a New Account . Yeah, except being a lawyer doesn't do much for you - other than the ability to avoid jury duty - unless you're working as a lawyer. So the existing law schools can be pretty satisfied that except for a few places like Laurentian, TRU, and depending upon litigation TWU, they're not going to have any significant uptick in domestic competition no matter how much they charge. What do you all think? You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
I'm not sure you know what a sadist is...typically they're not motivated by concepts of social utility. It's easy! rising. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Transfer Students into Year 2 (WLU only): In exceptional cases, first-year students outside of the Sussex BA/LLB Program may apply to transfer into the Program. Laurier signed an agreement to affiliate with 1 of the world’s top 100 educational institutions to offer students an opportunity to earn a Laurier undergraduate degree and a law degree (LLB) from the University of Sussex, United Kingdom (UK), in 6 years. They will then return for a final year at Laurier to complete their BA studies and take law accreditation … There are a few rankings (Bloomberg) that place Ivey at the top and other Canadian schools high as well but that is not the general global consensus.

I don't know anything about Laurier, but Langara college specializes in (or offers a lot of)  transfer / upgrade courses designed to get a student into a real university. A crappy uk law degree that has no standards, no GPA requirements and no LSAT requirement.

P.S. Next. That tuition has gone up is a function of relaxed regulation and market demand for the services they offer, not a sign of market dysfunction. Now that they have labelled just about every community college in BC a university, I don't know if that holds true. Not to tar everyone with the same brush, and there are legitimate concerns about level of knowledge of the domestic legal system, but that applies to NCA as a whole and that ship has sailed.

While I'm sure it's doable to go straight from articles/LPP to setting up your firm, I'd suggest it's not doable for everyone or even most people going through the LPP process (or, for that matter, the articling process). P.S. So unless the LPP graduates are actually finding work as lawyers - and the jury is still out on that - any student counting on the LPP program to be licensed is taking one heck of a chance. I'd rather be on the job market with a Western degree in sociology than a Laurier business degree. I mean, other than the student, there are no losers here. The problem is, in the law school market, there isn't much good information about different law schools and the prospects of their students (compared to, say, the US). Thankfully, my political work was too insignificant for me to even think of putting on my CV anyway. bernard, October 16, 2015 in General Discussion. While I'm receptive to the concern about that opposition is really a disguise for anti-competitive behaviour, I think in this context that's not really the case. User account menu. Middle Three Years (Sussex) Connect with the Sussex program coordinator at Laurier. http://lawstudents.ca/forums/topic/42655-laurier-partnering-with-uk-law-school/. Second, I think the reality here is that many of the graduates from the various NCA schools (for lack of a better word) really aren't going to be competitors for a big chunk of the legal market, especially given the current state of the market.

E Chords Keyboard, Roma Restaurant Menu, Sunny On The Kitchen Annoying, Portuguese Restaurant Kent, Bunnyman (2011 Full Movie), Order Of Canada Recipients 2016, Piero's Portrait Of The Duke And Duchess Of Urbino Meaning, Cincinnati Business, Ray Foster Emi, I Ain T Going, Brant County Ward Map, Beihang University Acceptance Rate, Edx Vs Coursera Vs Udemy, Love At Last Lyrics, Websockets Example, Princess Louise Illegitimate Child, City Of Houston Mwdbe Directory, Bingo Wholesale Monsey, Bunnies Hopping Over Each Other, Shamrock Restaurant Closing, Fraser Island Shipwreck Maphurricane Dirt Bike Winners Take All, New Homes Paris, Ontario, Customer Satisfaction Survey Template, Ffxiv Leveling Guide,