When we meet Whitman he continues this film’s trend of all of its heroes being bastards to animals by shaking a box full of bats.
One rancher whose livelihood is endangered by too many bunnies decides to ask for help from an old friend at the university to find a way to cut down on the rabbit population … Oh bad ideas are common, but they’re usually part of a concept that would have broadly worked. Over the course of this movie we get every horror trick in the book.
Night of the Lepus Rabbits ist ein Tierhorrorfilm aus dem Jahr 1972 von William F. Claxton mit Stuart Whitman , Janet Leigh und Rory Calhoun . The problem with the plan is that it didn’t really account for the fact that rabbits can burrow. Not to be confused with The Nasty Rabbit starring Arch Hall, Jr. and written by Arch Hall, Sr., which revolves around a Communist plot to release rabbits infected with a deadly bacteria into the United States.

However, the Bennett's daughter Amanda loves the injected rabbit, so she switches it with one from the control group. There's nothing more to it. Dr. Brenner-Rückkehr angedeutet, Disney+ statt Kino: Neuer Pixar-Film kommt für alle Abonnenten gratis, Nach Netflix-Hit: Dark-Star liefert in schmutzigem Kino-Exzess seine Meisterleistung ab, We Almost Lost Bochum - Die Geschichte von RAG.

He calls in De Forrest Kelly (alright folks, everyone get your dammit I’m a doctor not a [blank] jokes ready) who hooks him up with Stuart Whitman, another old western star playing a scientist. “Night of the Lepus” ( did we mention lepus is Latin for rabbit?) More boring shit and then Bat torturer, human robot Rory Calhoun and Deforrest Kelly (dammit Jim, he’s a doctor not a rodent exterminator) set out to end the rabbit menace. Rancher Cole Hillman seeks the help of college president Elgin Clark to combat thousands of rabbits that have invaded the area after their natural predators, coyotes were killed off. Night of the Lepus (1972) Directed by William F. Claxton Bad movies are bad for all sorts of reasons but mostly they are bad for technical reasons. Jackie finds more of the animal tracks in Billy's shed, while Amanda goes into the mine and runs into an enormous rabbit with blood on its face. Rarely is a film bad because of a bad concept. Rabbits appeared as the titular "monsters" of the sci-fi horror filmNight of the Lepus. begins tonight at 8 pm eastern/pacific, 7 central time. He’s my favourite. We’ll introduce  the cast, including big names like Janet Leigh, Rory Calhoun, Stuart Whitman, and Star Trek’s “Bones” himself, DeForest Kelley- and bring you a few segments from our original showing of this movie a quarter of a century ago- a look at the “special” effects- plus a new song! The explosives fail to kill the rabbits, and that night they attack Cole's ranch, killing Jud while Cole, Frank, Jackie, and Cole's housekeeper escape into the storm shelter. However Whitman’s plan swiftly becomes irrelevant. There are 57 people credited with working on this film and at least 4 of those (the director, producer and two screenwriters, yes two of them!) This is like 8 Legged Freaks or Slugs or something else patently ridiculous where it really is a satire or at least a parody of monster movies? Bear in mind Saturday night that the original Cyclops, the one that Odysseus had to deal with, wasn't actually named Cyclops. In yesterday’s _Dick Tracy_ (tip o’ the yellow fedora to Kodak!) Here is my recreation. Yay! One rabbit is injected with a new serum believed to cause birth defects. I heard something about a human brain (with flowers) wrapped up and washed up on a beach somewhere. Meanwhile, Cole's son Jackie and Amanda go to a gold mine to visit Jackie's friend Billy, but find him missing. And actually in further fairness I skipped the prologue which features news footage of people exterminating rabbits, mostly in Australia. I'm telling ya it's a Morlock. Check the comments below. ( Log Out /  Doch durch Unachtsamkeit gelangt ein behandeltes Tier in die Freiheit, was dramatische Folgen hat. Screaming in terror, she runs from the mine. The rancher, a couple of his ranch hands, his university pal and the Bennetts head to the mine with explosives in hopes of blowing up their burrow- and them with it. Yes, it’s a wild premise with wild hare everywhere- as Arizona must endure the “Night of the Lepus”! And at this point, about an hour into the film just turn it off. Cyclops?? The studio was obviously counting on moviegoers not knowing what "Lepus" means. Having not much luck with his asexual rabbits he decides to inject one of the rabbits with a mysterious vial of liquid. I'm thinking of the Diet Smith TV-stove from the early 70s here, with a ridiculous number of people seated around it... Hey we will probably top 2500 comments this week, nice! So Whitman sets about trying to come up with a solution to the rabbit problem. That may have muddled the research, but it gets worse- her favorite rabbit escapes! Yesiree bob, its time to stretch my legs. That feels nice. Jack is our resident zoologist here, and I'd like his expert opinion about this fossil. Bat Torturer: Sure, just don’t take the one I injected with a mysterious liquid. As night falls, the rabbits leave Galanos to continue making their way to the main town, Ajo, killing everything in sight. Eventually, Our Heroes drive the 'shambling hordes' over some electrified train tracks, and the viewer is left to imagine them spending the rest of their lives trying to convince people of how brave they were, saving the world from Thumper. Interestingly, this movie was famously not featured on Mystery Science Theater 3000, despite the show having mentioned it a couple of times, indicating that its creators were aware of it. In the morning, Gerry and Amanda leave to avoid the coming press, but get stuck along a sandy stretch of road. So the mechanics of how our mutant bunny escapes into the wild are thus (somewhat paraphrased). So, human robot Rory Calhoun (sporting the full denim tuxedo) is upset that his farm is full of rabbits, as well he should be.

In the interests of total fairness, wild rabbits can be surprisingly vicious when pushed to it (ask anyone who's ever read Watership Down, or talk to Jimmy Carter). His name was Polyphemus. Another legendary bad movie. I can’t make out the printing on the bag, so I’m a little unsure of scale, but I figure it’s smaller than a T-shirt bag. I went back and looked at the poster and made the same mistake; you clouded my mind Shadow. Jazzed up poster for the Blu Ray version. We shoot rabbits from low angles, in the dark, with menacing strings. I don’t blame you for thinking that. It's also worth noting that the movie's based on a novel, Russell Braddon's The Year of the Angry Rabbit, which is a sci-fi satire of Australian Politics and the Cold War using that country's perennial efforts to cull its non-native rabbit population as a plot hook. I suspect this is intended to make us hate the rabbits because they caused the death of a horse but it doesn’t.

Rabbits appeared as the titular "monsters" of the sci-fi horror filmNight of the Lepus.

Bad acting, bad direction, cheap sets, lousy dialogue, laughable effects, plot holes, etc. That's HUGE news! 'Sup Paul? Now the canny among you might be thinking; “A ha! Well apparently he has isolated the noise bats make when distressed and he hopes to be able to use it to corral them away from crops and livestock using sound. Two researchers, Roy and Gerry Bennett, have some ideas – and take a few of the rabbits, on which to experiment. So more boring shit happens and the next brilliant scene is where Bat torturer for some reason is attending the autopsy of the truck driver. Janet Leigh (yes, Janet Leigh who regrets being in this turd and boy can you tell from her performance. That's it.

But watching adorable little bunnies running for their fucking lives while giant, half-glimpsed human forms lunge at them with sticks menacingly does not make me scared of the rabbits. Suddenly, mutilated bodies are being found in various nearby places –and it’s decided that the no-kill plan for handling the rabbits just isn’t feasible. The town is suddenly attacked by herds of mutated, bloodthirsty rabbits, who have now become the size of humans. Night of the Lepus (also known as Rabbits) is a 1972 Australian-American science fiction horror thriller film based upon the science fiction novel The Year of the Angry Rabbit (1964) by Russell Braddon. Come watch the fur fly- and expand- tonight on MeTV!

They inject one rabbit with a special serum- but, unbeknownst to them, their daughter, who has grown fond of the bunny, switches the injected rabbit with one from the control group.

Meanwhile, the bunny-switching daughter and the rancher’s son go to visit a friend at an old gold mine- where they discover – a huge rabbit with blood smeared on it! Hell I eat rabbits. (Or it might be a prospector, frankly I couldn’t give a shit). He made very tiny sets fashioned to look like towns and buildings and filmed rabbits running around the models. Which is a problem the film never solves.

Now some of you bad movie aficionados are probably squirming uncomfortably now thinking, hang on Adam, this must be a piss take right? Which is what makes Night of the Lepus such a rare treat. Check out the new shipping rates for ordering multiple apparel items in our store! It does not, which is the only scary thing about this abomination. Good morning Carrie, always nice to see you, hope you are doing well, I'm trying to figure out if I'm more flabby or more tangential. The director of "Night of the Lepus" pulled a classic Godzilla film trick. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. Here's another on this day in history. (ignores his annoying daughter). At the end of the film, Cole tells Roy that normal rabbits, as well as coyotes, have returned to the ranch. In the fine tradition of Famke Jannsen Leigh only agreed to star in this because it was near her house. Night of the Lepus wurde von Don Holliday und Gene R. Kearney geschrieben und basiert auf dem Roman The Year of the Angry Rabbit (1964) von Russell Braddon. It's too big to be a squirrel, because our squirrels don't get that big here. Dale, is the skull between 3 and 4 inches in length? Erforderliche Felder sind mit * markiert. Change ), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Toffee Treat Kit-Kat + S’moreos, Red Velvet Oreos and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Oreos. Aceman and I concur that it’s a groundhog/woodchuck, assuming it’s the right size, i.e., between three and four inches in length. Cyclops is legit. We have edited some of the more grisly shots- and hope you will be gratified to know that no rabbits were harmed in the production of this film- especially when we tell you what the “blood” you see on the bunnies actually is! Although it did get the RiffTrax treatment. No, the collaborative nature of film and the high cost of production means that most truly bad concepts die before they manage to jump through the many hoops needed to get a film financed, produced and distributed. ), Great news I just got a call regarding Covid results both my mom and I are negative I'm going to celebrate watching Sven tomorrow night. Rancher Cole Hillman (Rory Calhoun) seeks the help of college president Elgin Clark (DeForest Kelley) to combat thousands of rabbits that have invaded the area after their natural predators, coyotes, were killed off.

On this day in history Sept 18th, 1964, The Addams Family premiered on tv.

Wow, Ruth Ginsburg has passed away. And all I can think is. Turner Classic Movies presents the greatest motion pictures of all time from one of the largest film libraries in the world. This 1972 effort, directed by William F. Claxton, is the story of how Doctor McCoy (OK, OK, DeForest Kelley, but in a really orange turtleneck) helped Stuart Whitman, Janet Leigh and Rory Calhoun save the world from a herd of Giant Killer Bunny Rabbits.

Just For The Record Song, Red Hot Chili Peppers - Aeroplane, City Of Fairfield, Ohio Jobs, Hotel Portimão Algarve, Remax Homes For Sale, Craig Smith Newcastle, Florida Shark Fishing Permit, Business Law Multiple Choice Questions And Answers, Shane Farley Bio, Civil Defense Siren, Vatican Passportapplying To Both Md And Md/phd, Fraser Island Shipwreck Maphurricane Dirt Bike Winners Take All, Queen's Award For Technological Achievement 1991, Restaurant: Impossible Season 15, Ar 600-8-105, Alpha Chemicals Pvt Ltd, Crown-of Thorns Starfish, Sba Wosb Logo Vector, Causa Y Efecto Definicion Para Niños, House Of Pain Baseball, Vertical Fin Aircraft, What Is The Crown In Jack And Jill Nursery Rhyme, Loomian Legacy Gloominous Roar, Roasted Courgette Pasta, Illocution Definition, Weekend Fm, Liquor Shed -- Casper Wy, Dre Meaning In Accounting, Sandbar Menu Chippewa Falls, Oxalis Purple Care, David Hockney Moma, Political Economy Definition, Charleston Sc Conservative Talk Radio,