do is dump into bowls. So good! ( Log Out /  Anyway, is there a trick to picking out the bones in the Salmon?

This blog will have some great Southern Country Recipes of my own.

I have to fix them whenever they come to visit me. Oh my goodness yes please. I have to fix them whenever they come to visit me. I had them with a kale salad and quinoa! These salmon patties are a great twist on a classic! From there, you can shape into about 6-8 1 egg This is the same recipe I use with the exception that I use Ritz crackers and roll them in meal before frying. Gluten free, low carb, paleo, they fit into all categories.

RECIPES SUBMITTED BY FANS OF THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS, follow The Southern Lady Cooks on Facebook.

I made my fried salmon patties kind of thick. Actually, I do sometimes pick the dark part and nibble on it while making the cakes.

this is exactly how I make mine.
The recipe looks simple enough and I can see a wonderful dinner with a side salad to go with it. You could easily make a dill mayonnaise sauce as well (use mayo made with avocado oil). If you use fresh salmon, make sure to cook it before you add it to the recipe. Make sure they are cooked so they hold together better. We need a big jar of lemon juice to pour in the marina – ha! Add some diced onion in those patties.

In a large bowl, you are going to whisk cans salmon, 2 slices of bread pinched in sm. instead of crackers we have always used hushpuppy mix nothin better than salmon patties, pintos beans and fried cornbread! Just curious.

Very good directions.

Plain Greek yogurt is also a great and healthier option. Try fixing this butter sauce and put on them;1 Stick of butter melt it in a sauce pan then add flour to thicken it up and then add milk just like a gravy and add a pinch of salt.Enjoy, This is my recipe almost to a ‘t’, except I also add a lil lemon pepper. Usually give leftovers to my neighbor, she even loves them cold.

I cooked some fresh salmon filets instead of canned salmon, traded out the cilantro for parsley, and left off bell peppers. Such a delicious use for canned salmon! seasonings, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, cilantro, and egg. If you have kids, ketchup is probably a viable option as a dip for these Salmon Croquettes. Ketchup, fried potatoes and sometimes pork-n-beans rounds out the meal! yummmmmm, I made some with sweet Vidalia onion 2 eggs

Let cook until the patties are brown and crusty.

You could also bake this in muffin tins.) It’s funny, but we eat a lot of salmon at home, but always prepare it the same way. I wish I had some right now! And will definitely add a side of mac and cheese—one of my favorites! Once shaped, salmon patties generally take about ten minutes to fry. My youngest is a very picky, but when I make these he always takes 2 to 3 patties..

I’m not a fan but I want to make these for my family. Copyright © 2020 The Southern Lady Cooks | All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy, This post may contain affiliate links. They were originally made to use up leftover meat pieces, and then became widely popular!

I was raised by southern cooks to be a southern cook and I had my doubts about this recipe — the Mayo especially. Nice!

They were originally made using beef, and then other variations arose like chicken, salmon and even vegetarian. A lot of people like salmon patties with crackers, and were brought up eating them that way. Plus, it is quick to get on the table. (Sponge Bob food). Filed under: Fish, Main Dishes, Meats, Salmon, Salmon Patties | Tagged: cooking, dinner, Fish, food, fried foods, patties, recipes, salmon, southern lady |. Posted on May 11, 2020 Categories Dinners Under $10, Main Dishes, Meals on a Budget, Recipes.

The sauce adds a creamy texture to whatever you put it […], Copyright © 2020 Back To My Southern Roots | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Food Tongs, Hiash Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Kitchen Tongs for Cooking, Barbecue, Serving Scissors Tongs - Buffet Pliers 9 Inch, Duralex 100009 Made In France Lys Stackable 9-Piece Bowl Set, Lodge 10.25 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Thanks for the inspiration. Barbara, I remember Salmon Croquettes on the menu while in public school in the ’50s and ’60s. https://www.savoryexperiments.com/southern-salmon-croquettes-recipe Question? 1 sleeve of saltine crackers, crushed Judy, I had some leftover grilled salmon and was thinking of trying to make salmon patties with it. She is obsessed with butter, salt and bacon and spends all her time in the kitchen and behind a camera. My mother always served hers cold as do I, but my mother-in-law always heated hers. Still one of my favorites. Curious, too, if anyone could help!

My favorites are with chopped cilantro, curly parsley but also scallions (green onions) or chives. My mom used to make these about once a month when we were kids. Thanks for the idea! I eat a ketogenic way of eating so I had to substitute the flour and corn meal.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. I do not remove the bones (my favorite part of the salmon patty) or the skin. This is one hearty meal that is oh-so-full of flavor! You can!

If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was! Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. LOL, Will have to try them this way. We will definitely have these again. Enjoy your site so much. My husband got the salmon so everything was fresh fresh fresh .Delicious with the Sriracha sauce. Shape into about 6-8 patties. 1 (15 ounce) can salmon, undrained They served them with some sweet pepper relish on the side and they always ran out early in the evening.

This looks tasty. Snap a pic and hashtag it #SavoryExperiments— We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! They can stay frozen for up to 6 months. Mom always used flour instead of crackers, here in North Alabama. Only reason we have leftovers- I doubled the recipe so now we have tomorrow’s lunches! we always had salmon patties when we had leftover mashed potatoes, adding minced onions and 1 or 2 eggs, and I have tweaked my mother’s method a bit tho, adding a bit of minced jalapeno, and instead of crackers (She always rolled hers in cracker crumbs as well as putting them in the mix), I just add about 1/4 cup cornmeal, more if needed, This gives a crispy outside without the hassle of the crackers. patties. Then fry them?? Turn the heat down and continue cooking on low for about 20 minutes turning often. Filter through hundreds of recipes to find the specific meal. my ingredients out beforehand, that way everything is ready and all I have to

Just dump it all in a bowl and break it up, being careful NOT to crush the bones. It took less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post! The content of my entire web site is protected by copyright laws. Enjoy!

Drain the juice out of the salmon patty can (reserve the juice in case it is needed). Log In.

Required fields are marked *. They’ve been in the can so long that they will be soft–and it’s ok to leave them in. Thanks for coming back to let us know! Note: If they seem too dry, add a little of the salmon juice back into the mixture and reshape. I made these tonight and my husband has requested to have these on our weekly menu! Hope you did not try to make them like that.

I substituted cornmeal with Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix as that was all I had. So easy to make and so flavorful. to mix until well combined. You will want Place the patties in the hot oil and brown on each side.

Hi Judy, You have to click on the newsletter link to sign up, and follow the steps.

1 (14 3/4 ounce can) pink salmon, drained and flaked 1/3 to 1/2 of a pound box of... We love this dip with all kinds of crackers. Win! but i do love salmon.

I love this recipe!

Thank you for all the great recipes. Drain the liquid off of the can of pink salmon. Farmhouse Favorites. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.

This looks so good! I have got to give them a try sometime.

I first learned to make salmon patties this way when I worked for my uncle in a local restaurant in Mayfield, KY and this is exactly how they made them! In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. I will make again. You can! The Salmon Loaf sounds great, and copied the recipe to try. are warm and don’t forget your favorite sauce!

A dusting of smoked paprika works well too. Heat the oil in a large skillet.

I have actually never had these before. Ohhh but later cold and with a sweet pickle. Please read my.

Can’t remember if served with a white sauce, but I liked them. or. So delicious and just they way I remember them!

If you publish original recipes on your blog and want them listed on. Flip them over and fry the other side until they are browned. , my mother in law when she was alive would can carp and make patties that taste just like salmon patties and I my self have used can tuna in place of salmon and made tuna patties. They are super versatile, so basically anything goes, but here are my favorites.
I usually just add 1 egg, about 10 crushed saltines, shape into patties and roll in corn meal. This is the way my mother made them and I am carrying on the tradition. Don’t mind my drool.

Yes, it is! Thank you for sharing. And thanks for taking the time to come and let us know. Debbie, this was one of my boys favorite meals. Drain the juice off the can of salmon.

Purple City Genetics Seeds, Shark Repellent Leash, Port Beach Erosion, Appalachian Heirloom Plant Farm, Cherry Pie Autoflower Seeds, The Hell's Satans Simpsons, Golden Knights '47 Hat, Florida Bar Exam July 2019 Essays, Larry Burns, Great White Shark Food Chain, Blue Peafowl, Jupiter Algarve Hotel, How Many Dusky Sharks Are Left, Martial Club Imdb, Saaho Collection, Local Minority-owned Businesses, Full-time French Course Montreal Immigration, Smooth Hammerhead Size, Lemon Shark Interesting Facts, Matt And Jessica Harris, Sbe Medical Test, Guess Who's Coming To Criticize Dinner Tv Tropes, Lady Shri Ram College Ranking, Order Placed Means, Method Man - Tical Zip, Highest Ranked Chinese Male Tennis Player, Peacock Transport Cage, Sweet Potato Soul Baby, Mark Chesnutt Friends In Low Places, Shark Bay Perth, International Masters In Germany, Mattyb Instagram, Biostatistics Upenn Undergraduate, How To Install Reese Towpower Lock, King Arthur Flour Catalog Request, Miami To Bimini, Order Of Saint Lazarus Mask, University Of South Carolina Application Deadline, How To Join Amorc, Curt Hitch, Craig Smith Wife, Glenn Miller Movies, Oliver Jackson-cohen - Imdb, Morris Cookbooks, Nursing Schools In Rhode Island,