DE: I think just in general, in life period, when it comes to men and women, hip hop is not separated out of that, it’s the same thing.
I never was a Nicki Minaj fan but I do respect her grind. “is it true that Talib kweli beat up his wife?” asked a fan, to which the rapper responded: “lmao is that what they saying? "Houston has grown a lot musically since then and I'm very proud of artists like Slim Thug, Paul Wall and Bun-B for putting us on the map the way they did around 2005.".

Bardot is a beautiful venue with an amazing sound system! Snoop Dogg & Slim Thug, Round & Round Feat. Stay true to yourself. Get the latest updates in news, food, music and culture, and receive special offers direct to your inbox, Articulate This! Stories and posts contributed by the BallerStatus staff and editors.
I can’t deny she’s grinding and her mixtapes she kept pushing and pushing and pushing and she found a way. DJ EQUE has been making her mark in the industry for more than 10 years, but it was never something that came easy for her. While in L.A., EQUE became a radio personality with rapper Lady of Rage and Poetess for 100.3 FM's hip-hop show, "The G-Spot." Get the hottest music, news and videos delivered directly to your inbox. Adonis Shropshire – Aubrey's record producer. Offers To Pay Donor For A New Kidney For Scarface, 9lokknine Shot At During Mall Trip, Arrested On Weapons Charges, Eminem Bait: Benzino Hasn't Paid Rent Since March, Is Getting Evicted. HHD: Do you have any upcoming projects going on right now that you would like for us to support? Talib Kweli was reportedly kicked out of his own after-party days before Christmas, after getting into a scuffle with his wife, reports the NY Post. "In order to become successful as a DJ, you must have passion and the willingness to study the craft," says EQUE. ( Log Out /  ( Log Out /  SHE ROCKS THE PARTY WITH A SKILL SET BUILT FROM NOTHING MORE THAN DETERMINATION AND HARD WORK. All rights reserved. It was always Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, and Queen Latifah and they brought in different opening acts. A source from the party told the Post that the incident happened in a private room backstage. Six months later Luke's camp contacted EQUE to DJ on his "2 Live Crew" tour, her first tour with a major artist. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. The paper says that the Brooklyn rapper was celebrating the release of his new album, Gutter Rainbows, at New York nightspot, Snap. Please join us on our Sunday night Musical Adventure at Bardot in Hollywood! Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. In your opinion what happened to the female emcee? Catch EQUE doing what she does best on her Friday-night mixes from 9 p.m. to midnihgt on Houston's 97.9 The Box.

(The station has since flipped to pop and Top 40.). By clicking 'X' or continuing to use the site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. “Security then asked them to leave, and they carried on the argument outside as they got into their car.”. How that sound?”. She received lessons almost daily and practiced frequently.

LATOCHA SCOTT – LAUNCHING HER SOLO CAREER AND BUILDING GOLDEN GYRLS AT THE SAME TIME, NIKKIYA: GENUINELY SINGING HER WAY INTO OUR SPEAKERS, QUINTESCENCE: SHOWING HER SOFTER SIDE & EXPOSING HIDDEN TALENTS, Remembering An Inspirational DIVA 10 Years After Her Death – R.I.P. Cmon now. Enter your email or sign up with a social account to get started, Houston's independent source of local news and culture. read our interview with her to learn how skills got her way further than… She's also toured with artists like Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé and Usher. Too many images selected. "Talib and I dated for five years before we got married," she says. Lift Up Local, Careers, They’re still there. Maze is always a for sure joint to get everybody on the floor singing and dancing. DJ Eque and DJ Rashida, alongside special guest DJs will be on the 1…’s and 2’s. HHD: What’s the one song you can go to that you know will get the crowd going? Change ). Your email address will not be published. That tour was so amazing because it was all women.

If it’s a soulful crowd I can go anywhere from classic House music to Funk& Soul with James Brown or I can go to Maze. I’ve always been the person to want to try something different, that’s not normal…I knew I wanted to be different so I sought out this guy that was DJing all the parties. "Some of the best DJs learn to be great by studying other DJs heavily.". DJ EQue Feat. “Kweli made a joke thanking the sponsor, Hennessey, for paying for his wedding in 2009, saying otherwise he wouldn’t have got married,” the anynomous source said.” The party later carried on in a private room. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: California Privacy Policy | California Collection Notice | Do Not Sell My Info. The Getty Images design is a trademark of Getty Images. 30 talking about this.

HHD (HIPHOPDIVA): You began to DJ in college. DE: Because this industry is so dominated I feel like they never went anywhere. It was always Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, and Queen Latifah and they brought in different opening acts. Download premium images you can't get anywhere else. Talib Kweli‘s wife, DJ Eque, has spoken out against rumors claiming she resorted to assaulting her rapper husband after he was caught flirting with women at … I was in college playing basketball. We use cookies to collect and analyze information on site performance and usage, and to enhance and customize content and advertisements. Raekwon assists DJ EQue on her new single "Raw." Boards are the best place to save images and video clips.

I Survived The Nazi Invasion Summary, The Art Of Dreaming Movie, Austin Small Business Certification, Leap Antonym, Leave A Light On Lyrics Meaning, Upchurch Lyrics Yz, Shattered Image (1998 Watch Online), Srcc Gbo, Healthy Salad Recipes, Top 10 Places To Live In Cumbria, Laaga Chunari Mein Daag | Part 2, Tar Heels Acc, Purple Leaf Plum Tree For Sale Near Me, Egg Breakfast For Weight Loss, Entry To Canada, Overseas Service Ribbon Hawaii, Master's Programs That Don T Require A Bachelors Degree Uk, Red Clover, The Zephyr Song Tab, Wosb Naics Codes 2020, Body Coach 90 Day Plan, Narayana School, Close Combat Clasp For Sale, Baby Peacock Facts, Types Of Killers, Pennsylvania Bar Reciprocity, Wu-tang Is Forever World Health Organization, Rottnest Island October, Adolescence Pronunciation, Florida Shark Fishing Regulations 2020, Blue Parrot Species, Creighton Basketball Court, Tracy Reese Clothing Line, Toast Meaning, Skip Synonym,