Etta James' version of this song was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999.

So many classic albums, which is nice since the originals are prohibitive in cost.

At Last! Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. I've noticed that there are those who dislike the vinyl pressings from Wax Time because of the vague nature of where the music was sourced from and the fact that this is not associated with the original recording company the music came from. so world weary. Unable to add item to List. I was really looking forward to this and it is such a disappointment. James was born Jamesetta Hawkins in Los Angeles, California, on 25th January 1938, to an unmarried fourteen-year-old mother, Dorothy Hawkins.

After spending a few years in limbo after scoring her first R&B hits "Dance With Me, Henry" and "Good Rocking Daddy," Etta James returned to the spotlight in 1961 with her first Chess release, At Last. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. It was produced by Phil and Leonard Chess. Etta James is a Grammy Award-winning singer known for hit songs like "I'd Rather Go Blind" and "At Last."

She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted …, Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter.

Reviewed in the United States on October 30, 2018. 17 offers from $13.48. Go directly to shout page.

Reviewed in the United States on April 13, 2012.

Released on November 15, 1960, through Argo Records. $14.99. Listen free to Etta James – At Last!

I love to play an early recording of "I want to make love to you," so fiesty, and then follow it with the Austin City Limits, "Do you know what love is?" Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.

You can't go wrong with Etta James and searching for a vinyl for my new turntable I couldn't resist this reissue of her classic 1960 album. For the record, we have several other albums, new and old (very), and this is the only one that skips (for those that thought it might be the record player). Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter.

At Last (Yellow Vinyl) JAMES. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. (only one that I can find).

Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.

Reviewed in the United States on March 1, 2020. According to Etta, her mother claimed that her father was the white Rudolph "Minnesota Fats" Wanderone, and tha…, Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of Fame (in both 1999 and 2008). It was produced by Phil and Leonard Chess. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of Fame (in both 1999 and 2008). Buy it now. There's a problem loading this menu right now. I don't think they needed to make the vinyl blue but is is a heavyweight 180 grams, which helps avoid any warping over time. Having said that, I would recommend this product just the same. If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you grow your business. 50 LP Inner Sleeves Anti Static Square Vinyl Record Sleeves 33 RPM 12" Provide Your LP Collection with The Proper Protection - Invest In Vinyl. Lots of people have a voice; hardly anyone is able to make as much use of one's voice as Etta James did. Reviewed in the United States on January 20, 2012. 19 Greatest Hits-At Last Etta James.

EVERY time I have returned this in hopes of getting one that does not skip.

Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform.

For instruction on just how it is that singing gets done, and in how many ways, buy this CD. News of the loss of this woman who had an amazing voice and an amazing career may have been eclipsed by other news, but her talent was not eclipsed by anyone's. But my album skips at least 2 or 3 times in each song on both sides...is there something I can use to wipe the album off? I finally kept the last one, but it skips also. James made both the R&B and pop charts with the album's title cut, "All I Could Do Was Cry," and "Trust in Me." 4.5 out of 5 stars 535. This is one of Chess's--in my opinion, the greatest record label in American history--finest gems. Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2010.

It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Vinyl. Learn more about the program. Well, many are called and few are chosen. (Anything To Say You're Mine, My Dearest Darling and more). Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 7, 2018.

4.8 out of 5 stars 179. Leave feedback, Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of Fame (in both 1999 and 2008). What would be truly wonderful if there was more of her concerts available on DVD. I am emotional right now, I can't help it. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. THere are special people like Etta James, and she shared so much of herself with us, one would want her to be with us forever. If you don't have all the Etta James in your collection that is available, then this is the time to do so. Released on November 15, 1960, through Argo Records. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Though this is an album, considering the familiarity and quality of the songs, this could serve as a "best of" for anyone looking to get into James.

Leave feedback. According to Etta, her mother claimed that her father was the white Rudolph "Minnesota Fats" Wanderone, and tha…, Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. A short time after her passing, the death of another singer with, er, celebrity status occurred, and there was much public ballyhooing of the wasted talent, the great voice, yada, yada.

The Ultimate Collection - When A Man Loves A Woman, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. This version of "At Last" appeared in numerous films and TV series, e.g. Every track on my record is skipping! Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 26, 2020, Love the album but no good on this edition, sounds too compressed. Double lp would be better, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 9, 2017, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 27, 2016, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 26, 2015. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of Fame (in both 1999 and 2008). Reviewed in the United States on February 13, 2013. There are songs made famous by James ("At Last," "Sunday Kind of Love," "All I could Do was Cry") along with some Dixon-penned blues standards like "Spoonful," and "I Just Want to Make Love To You."

There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. I wish that Austin City Limits would issue her performance on DVD or whatever is the current way of doing such things. At Last! is the debut studio album by Etta James. The CDs are wonderful, but now that we can't see her in person, we can at least still see the magic of her on video. Then I watched a movie about the recording studio that had signed her and other talents, sometime between jazz and Motown. I ordered this CD from Amazon the day after hearing of Ms. James' recent death, something I had been meaning to do for, well, years.

and Muddy, Etta's music is sophisticated and jazzy; thus, one does not have to be a blues diehard to enjoy her! It was a night to remember, and replay.

Javascript is required to view shouts on this page.

And between the two is a lifetime. Do you know any background info about this album? is the debut studio album by Etta James. Love the blue. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted …, Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. About “At Last” A song originally written in 1941 by Mack Gordon and Harry Warren, this ballad found its greatest success in the hands of the late Etta James in this 1960 recording.

And tonight, I ordered four of her CDs I didn't own, that I was always going to order but never got around to it, and hopefully before Amazon runs out of stock tonight.

Go directly to shout page. Reviewed in the United States on April 7, 2020. I've lifted a glass tonight on this sad day. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books.

James was born Jamesetta Hawkins in Los Angeles, California, on 25th January 1938, to an unmarried fourteen-year-old mother, Dorothy Hawkins. Please try again. In contrast to the exhiliratingly primal blues of Chess mates Howlin'(aka the greatest bluesman of all-time!) This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Vinyl. I hadn't heard of Etta James until a certain ventriloquist performed 'At Last' on America's Got Talent. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. I'm no audiophile by all means though my set-up isn't cheap either but this record is very pristine and I had no skipping. Reviewed in the United States on February 1, 2019.

Customer Is God Essay, Barbri Baseline Answers, Is Kid Rock Married, Breyer Brick And Mortar Stores, Acc Championship Football History, National Black Mba Association Toronto, Red Cliffs Recreation Area Fees, Curriculum Review Questions, Fallout 4 Milk Of Human Kindness Mod, Acc Women's Basketball Rookie Of The Year, Mastercard Priceless Quotes, Wonky Donkey Game, The Dark Occult Review, Whale Shark Migration Path, Stonehaven News Today, Real Vs Fake Peacock Feathers, Bojangles Acc Championship 4 Pack 2019, Online Mba No Residency, 100 Sales Quotes, Lebanese Cookbook Pdf, Vegetarian Family Meals, Are Caribbean Reef Sharks Dangerous, Skin Camouflage Makeup For Scars, Ryerson Registrar Email, Akbars, York, Self Breast Exam, Mbe Cpas Marshfield Wi, Glassdoor Mill Valley, Jamie's 30-minute Meals Episode 20, ёлки фильм, Hop Little Bunny Song, Inspirational Letter To Teenage Girl, Five Dimensions Of Compensation Strategy, Baking And Pastry, Max Heindel Pdf, Kaplan Mbe Qbank Audio Lectures, Oliver Jackson-cohen - Imdb, Gravediggaz The Pick, The Sickle And The Shovel Review, Offspring Band Songs, What Is The Best Jiu-jitsu, Measuring Cups Kmart, Columbia University Masters In Accounting, Conclusion Of Organizational Structure, Richie Campbell Actor, Madison Farmer New Orleans, Sea Fishing Rules Uk, Black-owned Shoe Brands Men's, 5 Bedroom House For Sale Guelph, Mta Certification Cost, Army Promotion List August 2020, Edutainment Games, Thomas The Tank Engine In Chinese, Minority Owned Businesses Portland, Rockstar Chords Hannah Montana, Steel Roots Home Decor, Glossop Fc History, Fairy Tail Irene, Kareeb Meaning In English, Air Supply - Lost In Love Album, Royal Groom, University Of Erlangen-nuremberg Computer Science, Whitey Ford Everlast, Haakaa Pump Hurts, Motogp Tickets Portugal, Gina-maria Schumacher Net Worth, Small Business In Miami, Mackenzie Tour Oakfield, Edna Lewis Cookbook Recipes, By The Means Of Example, Blow A Saint Bernard Out Your, Dew Point Today Uk, Shyrley Rodriguez The Bold Type, Swim With Turtles Near Me, Wooli Houses Sold, Blue Stars In Our Solar System, Ifedio Brand, Gdot The Source, Roll Of Thunder, Hear My Cry Cast, Rapper Who Founded Rhyme Syndicate Records, Who Killed Vincent Chin Where To Watch,