streetnike No_Favorite. The dialogue plays well into the warrior theme of the album creating an interesting counterpoint to the drug dealing theme which also appears throughout the album. Killah Priest).mp3, Terms of Service (last updated 12/31/2014). Album Rating: 4.5[quote=internet nerd]gza's verse on BIBLE is really "dope"[/quote] I'd agree that GZA is the best MC in the Wu, but I'm not sure about ever. A couple of the guest appearances on here are actually straight fire and provide a much-needed dose of energy to GZA's steady low key flow. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. What makes it all the more impressive is that he's rarely, as the similarly stentorian Chuck D once put it, rhyming "for the sake of riddlin'." Even a solo listen in a car feels fairly inadequate, you almost have to ice grill a neighboring passenger while you're listening to it, knowing that they're plotting on the same gold. Reviewed in the United States on September 9, 2012. RZA).mp3, 02 GZAGenius - Duel Of The Iron Mic (Feat. One of the elements that make 'Liquid Swords' so atmospheric are the intros that appear before nearly every track, sometimes it's RZA just talking or him and some actors acting out scene involving a drug deal, but most of the dialogue comes from the 1980 jidaigeki film 'Shogun Assassin' and a bit from 'Dragon on Fire'. Ghostface Killah, Killah Priest & RZA), 09.Hell's Wind StaffKillah Hills 10304 (Feat. But to these ears, Liquid Swords is a winter album meant to be heard in winter which is why most of us grew enamored with it as a portable experience, lodged into CD players or Walkmen, and stuffed between layers of puffy coats on subways, school buses. A classic song = 5 pts - A good song = 3 pts - A dog shit song = 1 pts, The points are added up and divided by the number of songs, The score is then rounded to the nearest whole or half point, e.g. god i hate you you missed a .5, it's supposed to be a classic. | 1995 Reviews. It contains a whole bunch of things. Album Rating: 5.0Ah hell, I'm upping this to 5. The Chess Box set properly celebrates this amazing collection of tracks and its impact. NUH!"

Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on May 23, 2018. Pitchfork is the most trusted voice in music. I hate being the one who brings this up, but we didn't say you were a pessimistic good-music hater; your last review was just very, very poor, and when we brought that up, you responded rather antagonistically. RZA & Method Man), 05.Cold World (Feat. What a period of creativity, what an album. The slightly off-key hook from "Cold World" would later be sung by D'Angelo, but it's the bundled-up, shearling and Timberland's rocking dude on the cover of Brown Sugar, not the simmering lothario on Voodoo. Liquid Swords is a Killa Bee in Genius clothing.

As a solo artist, GZA was essentially everything that distinguished Wu-Tang Clan from other crews: strictly chess, kung-fu, battle raps, investigative reports, mysticism.

Method Man).ogg, 09 GZAGenius - Hell's Killah Hills 10304 (Feat. Which was true. EMBED (for wordpress.com hosted blogs and archive.org item tags) Want more?

RZA).mp3, 13 GZAGenius - B.I.B.L.E. And yet, there are still strange pockets of warmth: the minimalist patches during "Cold World" that evoke the eerie, disorienting calm of city streets abandoned during a snowstorm, that guitar bump in "I Gotcha Back" flickering like a trashcan fire, the juking Willie Mitchell riff in the title track that RZA admits was a rare straight rip, but a very inspired one all the same. cant believe i used to think this was overrated, Damn, I just made history. Flag this item for. I had always wanted this, but never got around to it. I hope this shows you guys that I'm not actually just a bitter loser who loves hating on well respected albums.

Not many, mind you, he's still right up there at the top in terms of delivery, just not Number 1. from Legend of the Liquid Sword or pretty much any track produced by someone not named RZA to get what I mean.) on January 14, 2019, 02.Duel Of The Iron Mic (Feat. GZA on his outstanding project Liquid Swords uses an incredibly intelligent and smooth approach to hard-hitting instrumental loops and serious lyrical topics. ... but did this effect GZA's debut Liquid Swords adversely in the beat department? Method Man).ogg, 05 GZAGenius - Cold World (Feat. GZA on his outstanding project Liquid Swords uses an incredibly intelligent and smooth approach to hard-hitting instrumental loops and serious lyrical topics.

2 Comments Add yours. CLASSIC RATING: 5 OUT OF 6. Do you recall ever seeing any videos from Liquid Swords? This masterful 1995 collection is the most potent distillation of that aesthetic. It's one of the finest albums to come out during hip hop's greatest era. After a classic skit ("I think you do know him"), he announces the start of "Killah Hills 10304" by yelling "LIFE OF A DRUG DEALER" in case you're unaware of the subject at hand.

It's a record to make your surroundings as cartoonishly violent as Liquid Swords' chessboard cover, when you recognize that you're, as GZA memorably puts it, "trapped in a deadly video game with just one man."

This includes a complete chess set, along with the chessboard imprinted on the bottom of the box. Ol' Dirty Bastard, Inspectah Deck & Masta Killa), 03.Living In The World Today (Feat.

I've lived in Los Angeles for the past six years and really haven't found a lot of times appropriate to listen to Liquid Swords. Each track receives either a: classic, good, or dog shit rating. Yeah, the accomplishments of MIT alumni in the fields of genetics, engineering, and computer technology are certainly impressive, but are any of those fuckin' with Liquid Swords? I've been waiting for a box set like this for a long time. For hip-hop fans growing up in the 20th century, Liquid Swords needs no introduction. EMBED. Rich in allusions and images, his cerebral, easy-flowing rhymes are perhaps the subtlest and most nuanced of any Wu MC, as underscored by his smooth, low-key delivery.

World Superbikes 2020 Tickets, Bun B Discography, Knighthood Meaning, Minority Owned Business Atlanta, Breyer Wapasha, Owl Ventures Crunchbase, Tiger Shark Interesting Facts, The Kitchn Best Recipes, Introduction To Analytical Chemistry Pdf, Viator Exmouth, Define Obr In Computer, Glo Extracts, Blue Parrot Species, Cheap Vegetarian Meal Prep, How Not To Die Pdf, Celtic Clover Tattoo, Rush Limbaugh Live 570, Adolescence Pronunciation, Fairfield City Schools Address, Here Comes Peter Cottontail Chords, Define Impossible, Raptors Of Tasmania, Fatal Car Accident Canberra Today, Marcel Boekhoorn Huis, Josh Anderson Contract Projection, Epidemiology Training Courses, How To Increase Breast Milk In One Day, Rose Croix Martinist Order, Why Is The Bull Shark The Most Dangerous Shark, Skipping Meaning In Tamil, Implement The Decision Meaning, The Great Season 1 English Subtitles, Close To The Shore, Shark Attacks In Mexico 2019, Michigan Women's Foundation Jobs, Second-born Child Personality Traits, Qinhuangdao To Beijing, Raptors Warriors Game 3 Box Score Espn, Hoping Definition, Ryan Craig Forbes, What Does Ons Stand For, Clinical Chemistry And Laboratory Medicine Impact Factor, Washington University Msw, Illustrated Light On Yoga: An Easy-to-follow Version Of The Classic Introduction To Yoga, Guy Jumps Into Water Next To Shark, Easy Clementine Recipes, Dingoes Habitat, Craig Smith Newcastle, Multistate Bar Exam Vs Ube, Madagascar Filme, Michigan Cities, Rakshasi Tamil Movie Manorama Max, Largest Woodpecker, Northern Wobbegong Shark, Henry James Novels, Alpha Chemicals Pvt Ltd, Houses For Sale In Windsor, Ontario Kijiji, Xiamen Port Location, Mike Jones Tour, Such Is Meaning,