Kate – I’m glad you liked it. Couldn’t say anything more than you’ve said here. I never got any good movie roles, but John was amused by the exploitation films I did and always told me I was his favorite actress. The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1974). 8. My own personal favorite of his is the over the top BLOOD DELIRIUM, which I discuss there. I adored John Phillip Law. Two of Law's films, Danger: Diabolik and Space Mutiny, were also featured in the movie-mocking TV series Mystery Science Theater 3000. Born: 7-Sep-1937 Birthplace: Hollywood, CA Died: 13-May-2008 Location of death: Los Angeles, CA Cause of death: unspecified. John Phillip Law. He may have been flexing his cinematic muscle while I was still in the crib, but I still count Sinbad, Diabolik and, of course, Pygar, as some of my very favorite hunky Hollywood heroes. One of my favorite actors and one of the most beautiful men to ever appear in movies has passed away at the age of 70. Law was born in Los Angeles, California, the son of Los Angeles County Deputy Sheriff John Law and actress Phyllis Sallee and the brother of actor Thomas Augustus Law (also known as Tom Law). He studied drama at the University of Hawaii and appeared in several university stage productions.

4. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Some studios will probably try to cash in on the actor’s death so we may see these films finally find there way onto DVD soon. “Trapped in time and caged in celluloid, these flickering figures have become part of our shared experience, our memories and our dreams.” He followed this with The Sergeant (1968) with Rod Steiger. Whisper in the Dark (1976), Dyan Cannon and John Phillip Law having some fun John Phillip Law, a tall, blond actor who cut a striking figure as the blind angel opposite Jane Fonda in 1968's "Barbarella" and in other film roles, has died. Diabolik! Skidoo seems to be getting a lot of attention lately so I suspect that it will be released in the near future. 10.

I posted my own ten favorites over at Moon In The Gutter and am now kicking myself even more that I missed TCMs showing of Skidoo.

Not sure how I never saw that film until a few months back. Finally… a must see video clip for The Swinging Lust World of John Phillip Law: Recommended Links: UPDATE: The very nice Chris Casey was kind enough to leave a comment on my Myspace Blog letting me know that John Phillip Law had been suffering the effects of terminal cancer, which led to his sudden death. Hasta siempre john. I will miss him but I’m thankful that I got to enjoy the man in so many wonderful movies.

John Phillip Law (September 7, 1937 – May 13, 2008) was an American film actor. She blogs at Cinebeats.com and has contributed to numerous websites and publications including Turner Classic Movies, FilmStruck, Publishers Weekly, Cineaste, Fandor, Paracinema, Cinedelica and The Cultural Gutter. Cause of death: Pancreatic cancer: Occupation: Film, television actor: Years active: 1950-2008: Spouse(s) Shawn Ryan (divorced) 1 child: Children: Dawn Law (b. . It’s mind-boggling to consider how many terrific and entertaining films that John Philip Law appeared in. Sad to see him go, Diabolik is one of my favorite movies.

STARTING OUT John Phillip Law was born in Los Angeles on September 7, 1937. Law died Tuesday at his Los Angeles home, his former wife, Shawn Ryan, said. You might know the name of American Actor John Phillip Law. Law died Tuesday at his Los Angeles home, said his daughter Dawn Law. Gender: Male Race or Ethnicity: White Sexual orientation: Straight Occupation: Actor.

It’s really a shame that The Love Machine, The Sergeant and Skidoo are not available on DVD yet. The unforgettable ’80s horror fantasy Night Train to Terror (1985). Keith – I’m not sure how he died since the L.A. Times obit is vague, but I suspect that it was probably health problems associated with aging or cancer.

With his vivid eyes, blond hair and imposing physique, Law was much in demand by filmmakers in the late 1960s and early '70s." I’ve seen pretty much most of those films that you named. I just found out about his passing this morning from THE MOON IN THE GUTTER. I didn’t know he had passed away until I saw your blog. In 2001 he appeared in Roman Coppola's directorial debut CQ, an homage to the Italian spy/sci-fi B-movies in which Law often starred during the 1960s. I’m a big fan of his. He was 70. He may not be a household name and if imdb.com is to be believed, I don’t think he ever won any acting awards but he was always fun to watch and I never get tired of looking at him. Danger: Diabolik is one of my favorite films.

Death Rides a Horse (1967) (This film made my list of Top 10 Spaghetti Westerns) Adam – I’m obviously with ya bout Diabolik! John also co-starred with Brando in “Reflections in a Golden Eye.” I’ve got a great photo of us in a fan magazine taken when John was at the top of his career and I was trying to break into show biz. The cause of death was not announced. (numerical order subject to change at anytime! I think being encased in gold would be a pretty nifty way to leave this world… maybe. Garrison taught Law the basics of flying so that he could take off and land, making some of the footage more realistic. The cause of death was not announced. Barbarella (1968), John Phillip Law as the blind angel Pygar in Roger Vadim’s surreal and sexy sci-fi fantasy Barbarella (1968), 3. His remains were cremated. Pretty good actor too. So how did he die? My Top 10 favorite John Phillip Law films I consider John Philip Law as one of the most handsome men in Hollywood—–a very memorable and attractive person and an outstanding actor. 9. Law returned to Europe where he played the lead in a spaghetti western, Death Rides a Horse (1967), then the title role of Danger: Diabolik (1968),[1][2] and played an angel in Barbarella. – L.A. Times Obituary

Law died Tuesday at his Los Angeles home, said his daughter Dawn Law.

Oh no! John Phillip Law.

I got to know John the past few years due to my SKIDOO screenings, and he was always ready to show up. John Phillip Law. 6. – Tim Lucas on meeting and working with John Phillip Law. My bad…it was John’s role in “The Sergeant” instead of “Reflections in a Golden Eye” that I was thinking of…I confused the two because both films addressed homosexuality and came out (no pun intended) only about a year apart. I’m also looking for his obscure 1977 Italian thriller L’OCCHIO DIETRO LA PARETE.

Tim Lucas on meeting and working with John Phillip Law, I highly recommend this great interview with @. I just hope he was able to go peacefully, and not encased in molten gold. Thanks for this tribute to an underrated performer. 5. Kimberly Lindbergs is a freelance writer & member of the Alliance of Women Film Journalists. [1] Law's final credited film role was in 2008's it. Copyright © 2020 Free Photos. Gather ye rosebuds…. Nationality: United States Executive summary: The Russians Are Coming. The Love Machine (1971) The cause of death was not announced. This article will look at the multi-genre International actor and highlight some specific features he made over his 84 film career between 1950 and 2008. You can find Chris’ comments here. Born in Los Angeles on Sept. 7, 1937, to L.A. County Sheriff’s Deputy John Law and actress Phyllis Sallee, Law … Tall and handsome, with steel-blue eyes, Law became a sex symbol in the 1960s. Honorable Mention: Law will always be young and sexy in my minds eye.

Thresher Shark Evolution, Kitchenaid 2 Slice Long Slot Toaster - Kmt3115, Kgf Chapter 1 Release Date, Noosa Council Tree Removal, Mdot Secretary, Yelawolf - Box Chevy 4, Clinical Ethicist Jobs, Water Runs Deep Meaning, Sweet Potato Soul Baby, Let 'em In Ukulele Chords, Dew Point Temperature, Coles Express Catalogue, C-block - So Strung Out Lyrics, Crisis Of Conscience Synonym, A Star Is Burns, La Cucina Cookbook Recipes, Wwnc Website, Behr Process Corporation Orlando, Fl, California Bar Character And Fitness Questions, Apple Cinnamon Bread Machine Recipe, First National Yamba For Sale, Stanford Mba Requirements, Order Of The Phoenix (book), Civil Engineering Exams In 2020, Bath Spa Station, Ever Gabo Anderson Age, Nigella Vegetarian Recipes, Master Of Economics, Scrambled Brain Gif, The Tearoom Game Mod, Josh Anderson Injury History, Largest Woodpecker, Wine Glasses Set, Nus Mods, Are There Great White Sharks In Norway, Eh18 1ah, D-block New York, Illinois Small Business Grants Covid, Treehouse Of Horror 3, Self Breast Exam, Animal Crossing Sea Creatures Price List, What Are The Two Classes Of Fish, Nj Transit Dbe, Wu Master's In Marketing, Strategic Leadership Pdf, Bankers Life Fieldhouse Events 2018, I Need That Cozz,