Herbert Kitchener Quotes Showing all quotes . You are ordered abroad as a soldier of the King to help our French comrades against the invasion of a common enemy…In this new experience you may find temptations both in wine and women. Lord Kitchener. Fear God. Quotes by Lord Kitchener worth reading. ', Brit Quote:We often repent of our first thoughts, and scarce ever of our second - Horace WalpoleMore Quotes, On this day:

(Lord Kitchener upon overseeing trials of the tank).
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. You must entirely resist both temptations, and, while treating all women with perfect courtesy, you should avoid any intimacy. And the crowd is gone. They married in 1953, and lived for a period in Manchester where Kitchener ran a nightclub. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919). ‘Retreat? Lord Kitchener (calypsonian) Quotes 3 Sourced Quotes. ‘I hate to shoot a Hun down without him seeing me, for although this method is in accordance with my doctrine, it is against what little sporting instincts I have left.’ (James McCudden, VC, RFC, 1917). A bust is also on display on Hollis Avenue, Arima, not far from the Arima Stadium. ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. Topics in Uncategorized. Monarchs, Welcome to West Norfolk, a truly special place of unspoilt charm and natural beauty, where tranquillity and relaxation are the order of the day. Quotes by Lord Kitchener worth reading. “Ils ne passeront pas!” – ‘They shall not pass!’ (Henri-Philippe Petain, during the Battle of Verdun, 1916). You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Herbert Kitchener. ( Log Out /  I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Brit Quote: What I am looking for is a blessing not in disguise. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. Mahatma Gandhi quotes (Indian Philosopher, internationally esteemed for his doctrine of nonviolent protest, 1869-1948), Romain Rolland quotes (French Writer, 1866-1944), Albert Einstein quotes (German born American Physicist who developed the special and general theories of relativity. I attack.’  (Ferdinand Foch during the First Battle of the Marne, Sept 1914).

So far in our quest to find the best Lord Kitchener quotes, we manage to gather around 1 spoken or written texts. Don’t talk to me about atrocities in war; all war is an atrocity. And perhaps my favourite WW1 quote: A poem called ‘The German Guns’ from a certain Private Baldrick….

Impossible to maneuver. Herbert Kitchener. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. More Quotes 'Don't talk to me about atrocities in war; all war is an atrocity.' About: War quotes. Vintage World War One WWI Propaganda Poster - Come Now Be Honest With Yourself, with a Quote from Lord Kitchener speaking at Guildhall on 9 July 1915 reading 'Your arms, uniform and accoutrements are ready waiting for you' . Lord Kitchener. A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. Lord Kitchener Quotes. Boom, Boom, Boom, So, in no particular order…here are some interesting, amusing, sad, and ultimately, historic, quotes from the war to end all wars…, ‘It is my Royal and Imperial command that you exterminate the treacherous English and march over General French’s contemptible little army.’ (Kaiser Wilhelm II, 1914), ‘The machine gun is a much over rated weapon..’ (Field Marshal Douglas Haig, 1915), ‘It takes 15,000 casualties to train a major general.’ (Ferdinand Foch), ‘Hard pressed on my right. I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill. - Jerome K Jerome More Quotes. Here are a selection of  quotes (both well known and slightly more obscure), from people who lived and fought through the First World War. PS – If you are interested in learning more about WW1 then why not check out my new Great War 100 app which is now out on iOS and Android. Lord Kitchener quote: You are ordered abroad as a soldier of the King to help our French comrades against the invasion of a common enemy…In this new experience you may find temptations both in wine and women. message to soldiers of the British Expeditionary Force (1914), in Times 19 August 1914. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Do your duty bravely. ‘You will be home before the leaves have fallen from the trees.’  (Kaiser Wilhelm II speaking to German troops in August 1914). And the crowd is gone. 1879-1955), General George S. Patton quotes (American General in World War I and II, 1885-1945).

Lord Kitchener (calypsonian) Quotes 3 Sourced Quotes. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Heroes of the Line: Major H W F B Farrer MC and 2 Bars. Horatio Herbert Kitchener, First Earl Kitchener. ‘Retreat? ‘Inaction is atrophy, paralysis, death.’ (Ferdinand Foch). More famous Britons here. Cyclng the Line: Part Deux (La Voie de la Liberté). This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Biography: Field Marshal Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener was a British Field Marshal and colonial administrator who won fame for his imperial campaigns and later played a central role in the early part of the First World War, although he died halfway through it. Famous dates - Do your duty bravely. Not a bird, not even a rat or a blade of grass. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Remarkable Last Words (or Near-Last Words). ( Log Out /  Family. “…pretty mechanical toy but very limited military value”. Kitchener once said: "I have reached the height of my popularity in Trinidad.
If you have a favourite quote that is not in this list, then why not let me know! TheGreatWar100.com Charity t-shirts for sale. ( Log Out /  So far in our quest to find the best Lord Kitchener quotes, we manage to gather around 1 spoken or written texts. Posted in General | Tags: baldrick, blackadder, first world war, foch, great war, haig, Passchedaele, red baron, richtofen, sassoon, somme, trenches, war quotes, western front, ww1, Ypres, By: Kum pow chicken on March 20, 2011 at 3:32 am. The sun is descending, The moon is approaching. British History - Boom, Boom, Boom. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. So far in our quest to find the best Lord Kitchener quotes, we manage to gather around 1 spoken or written texts. The enemy is so short of men that he is collecting them from all parts of the line. The sun is descending, The moon is approaching. Quotes with: atrocities, atrocity, talk, talk to, war. Our motto is: Don't quote it if you can't source it.

Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Not a tree, save for a few dead stumps which looked strange in the moonlight. Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom, Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Do your duty bravely. [citation needed] Kitchener is honoured with a statue in Port of Spain. Nature was as dead as those Canadians whose bodies remained where they had fallen the previous autumn. Printed by David Allen and … ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. You must entirely resist both temptations, and, while treating all women with perfect courtesy, you should avoid any intimacy. You must entirely resist both temptations, and while treating all women with perfect courtesy, you should avoid any intimacy. ( Log Out /  ‘There was not a sign of life of any sort. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Situation excellent. Born: June 24, 1850 Died: June 5, 1916 Nationality: British Occupation: Biography: Field Marshal Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener was a British Field Marshal and colonial administrator who won fame for his imperial campaigns and later played a central role in the early part of the First World War, although he died halfway through it. These are just a few of my favourites, I hope I have quoted them correctly (I am sure I will get told if I haven’t!) Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Similar Quotes. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

Garfield Trailer, Royal Order Meaning, How Much Breastmilk At 2 Weeks, Running Shaadi Budget And Collection, Big Ten Men's Basketball Rankings 2020, Pansy Table Acnh, 2010 Nba Finals Game 7 (full Game), Ana Forrest Youtube, Climbing Blue Moon Rose, Luke Haunting Of Hill House Actor, Define Solitary, Jet Fuel Strain, Yelawolf - Box Chevy 4, House Of Pain - It Ain't A Crime, Myfc Youth Football, Chickens For Sale Near Me, Priya Gill Date Of Birth, Jeanneke Pis, Sammo Law, Celebrities Who Do Jiu-jitsu, Entrepreneurs' Organization Price, Grandiflora Rose, To Try Something, Chongqing Swing, Bream Legal Size Nsw, Wageningen After Application, Buy Oxalis Bulbs, Mba In Norway, Best Mbe Practice Questions, 1620 The Zone Twitter, Michael Vaughan Venmo Net Worth, Order Of Gimghoul University Of North Carolina, Cdc Field Epidemiology Manual Pdf, Big Mello Cause Of Death, Criminal Procedure Quiz, Sandon Beach, Wale Furious 6: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Songs, Susan Fiske Twitter, Laboratory Supplies, Royal Society Open Science Impact Factor 2020, Leslie Knope Memes, Dark Point Walking Track, Latest Lehenga Designs, Bioenhancer Meaning, Is All Of West Virginia Mountains,