You don't think it would be worth the effort to get my MBA through online courses? Thanks for this! There are some very good schools offering online MBAs now--by my count 5 of the USNWR top 25 (Kenan-Flagler, Tepper, Kelley, Marshall, WP Carey) and another 6-8 or so of the 26-50 range. With less than a year to go, I'm still pretty happy with them. So in summary - it helped me, but I don't think it helps everyone, and even I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't basically free. Doing an online MBA now. I worked really hard for it (very difficult degree), got a fairly highly desired job in the (very small) industry...and ended up working awful hours for relatively low pay.

But I also didn't see that preceding my decision to enroll either. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. In your case, an MBA wouldn't be a bad idea. have many interests so I have even looking in to an online MBA. Keep in mind any online or part-time program will be easier to get into than its respective full-time program but the business school name is still the brand name on your resume. If that's the case, then it's up to whether it fits in your entertainment budget. require a graduate degree from a AACSB accredited institution, I would have never started an MBA at WGU. And I don't work in accounting, but it comes up regularly. Am I the only student out there that did not have this knowledge? However, you should check the program's results and see if you have access to the career support (would be surprised if you didn't), what platform they are using to deliver content, what is the on-campus component (1 week intro + something at half way mark is normal), etc. They wasted their money. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Can you switch to their weekend or evening program if you are unhappy with online program. Applied to two schools, got into both, got scholarships for both, one was a full ride. Given the choice between a fresh BBA or a fresh MBA, both with no experience, I would take the BBA 100% of the time. I go from 8-5 every Saturday and it works great. Seek out an Executive MBA program that holds its classes on the weekends. In fact, it can have the opposite effect, because you're more expensive without providing additional value. He's got a point though... you will read a lot of opinions on here that tell you anything that isn't a T10 school isn't worth the effort... which isn't true. That will give you an understanding of a 'typical' path. This should be one of the most upvoted comments on Reddit. I have an MBA. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

look into 'open university' programs which mean u can take mba classes without being fully admitted to their mba program - up to 3 i think depends on the school. It is also nice because I can post for positions within my company all over the country and I can still finish on time in the Fall. Press J to jump to the feed. You can do most of the coursework in a classroom setting (if you live near a campus) or do the whole thing online. It has its pros and cons. IMO an online degree would be a great option for you especially if you are able to get into one of the T25 programs (there are "online MBA rankings" out there, ignore them, go by the full-time program rankings). Was it a merit-based or income-based scholarship? Online mbas are not worth it and you definitely don't need one for starting a business.

I worked for the school during the time I did it, which fully paid tuition. Start by drawing up a basic business plan first. Main MBA resource is not the diploma, but the on-campus recruiting and the network. Like when you tell a kid, "It's an adult thing. So I set out to attempt to understand these ridiculous decisions and business "nuances", if you will, only to find that I am more than likely surrounded by folks living in alternative realities. My opinion is that if you are doing it just for the academics, there are plenty of free courses available online, otherwise it will make no difference. Does anyone here have an MBA, or perhaps looked at getting one and decided against it?

I'm currently enrolled in an online (accredited) program, don't have the time, resources, or even interest, in going to a top-tier school. I didn't pursue an MBA after getting my bachelor's because I felt it was a waste of time without any experience, but now since I already have financial experience, an MBA would just be another impressive certification I could put on my resume. This comes up regularly for me as well. If you want a senior business role or something in management, an MBA is almost required now. Directly out of school, my first full time job as a financial analyst, they didn't put any value towards it at all. The important question is: what is the goal of getting an MBA? I met some absolute idiots out of those programs. I did mine directly after my bachelors in accounting, which I realize now isn't the best apparent option on paper, but hey, I didn't have to "go back to school". There's nothing on the diploma that differentiates the virtual campus MBA from one done in a classroom either.

I was thinking about getting my MBA after I get my series 7 to get promoted easier. I work in the travel industry and plan on staying in the same industry, possibly for the same company. I knew I wanted to get into management eventually, but I loved staying in the technical field. I added a lot of people to linkedin that were also pursuing their MBAs as well. I went to a M7 business school, taking out a total debt load of about $120k (It would've been about $150k, but summer internship money and signing bonuses helped keep it down, despite me blowing a ton of money traveling). After working for three years I decided I wanted my career to go in a different direction.

Good luck! Ditched that company and in my new job, it was valued. It’s becoming more and more clear that an MBA degree is not just a questionable investment—it’s a risk that’s simply not worth it. There's a lot to learn that's more than just facts in a textbook. I would say there are circumstances where it is beneficial to get that MBA, particularly if it is a top school. I didn't go to a top tier school, but I enjoyed going to classes for my MBA. In your case--someone who wants advancement in their current career field--you fit the profile of probably 80% of my classmates.

Consulting tends to be an insulating industry and it's not the easiest to break out of if you want to keep even remotely the same salary. Get it fixed NOW and start declaring proper costs at the border before we end up bankrupted by the federal government.". You have 8 years of experience, and you could leverage that to get into a Sales Director role or Technical Account Manager. My BS was already very analytics heavy and I knew I wanted to transition into leadership/administration. Seek out an Executive MBA program that holds its classes on the weekends. A little confused. If you have experience, a good MBA program can REALLY build on that. Please make sure to read our rules and wiki before posting. So, really it depends on your goals and what you want to get out of it. Learn about MBA programs, applying to them, and what life is like while in one and afterwards. I go from 8-5 every Saturday and it works great. If the data is scarce reach out to alums and ask them. Do potential employers care about it? Here's the important part of my story: I was not in any debt at the time, and at 24 I didn't want to go to school for two years and come out with a lot of debt that I'd have to pay off for years and years. Do you feel it was worth it? I encourage people to work for a minimum of 2 years before even considering an MBA. Wow full ride; nice!

Also, online has to give you more work generally to make up for the lack of classroom participation. Learn about MBA programs, applying to them, and what life is like while in one and afterwards. Especially the stuff I've learned from my accounting course, I'm the only one on my team able to talk about this stuff sometimes. Right now I'm customer facing but it can be hard to go from that to the higher positions that focus more on strategy and big picture decision making. Now, to the point about making more money. I'm surrounded by people who make questionable business decisions daily and when I inquire as to why that decision was made, the common refrain is, "That's business!" Are you looking to make a huge switch? Mine was essentially free. In the eyes of employers, they were still "new grads". I found a lot of new MBA grads were very entitled when it came to job titles and salaries, and it was a complete turn off. I am a career changer and was able to manipulate it into providing me most of the same networking and recruiting benefits a full-time MBA would have (won't get into the details here for privacy sake but will share if you PM me), but this required a significant amount of hacking the system and legwork and some luck on my part. I just had to commute and eat. I think I would only be interested in getting mine if it were for free or for a greatly reduced cost as well. I shit you not. Also, online has to give you more work generally to make up for the lack of classroom participation. WGU is actually a pretty reputable school. I'm the only one on my team able to talk about this stuff sometimes. A bit late, but for anyone else looking - I'm doing my MBA at a private university that offers classroom and online courses. You learn valuable financial concepts such as the time value of money and being able to read financial statements. ": http://community.wgu.edu/clearspacex/message/961549, Author : Jeffrey Phillips Email : jphill7@my.wgu.edu Profile : http://community.wgu.edu/clearspacex/people/jphill7. I'll give a similar antidote to /u/imbris2. Look at job ads - most of them at least say "MBA preferred". Ill be graduating in June and have been toying with getting a post grad degree, but am itching to get into the full-time workforce. In your case--someone who wants advancement in their current career field--you fit the profile of probably 80% of my classmates. The only downside really is networking. I was making $90k salary and $10k bonus before business school. I just think the undergrad covers similar ground, and the experience trumps the degree. Yes, I probably could've gotten a businessy job without it...but I would've started completely from the bottom. The MBA really fills in the holes that I needed to do to advance my career.

My salary doubled and I haven't been happier in any role at my organization. Do I use it? I found one through Western Governors University with very affordable tuition. Like the OP, I have five years of experience in sales (although high-level sales is not a bad place to be, honestly...). It will be a wasted effort.

ACBSP: The Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) accredits smaller private and public schools that offer associate's, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral-level business degrees that focus on teaching. I have a bachelor's in finance now. If your company supports the idea, and if it will open up new opportunities within your company (and basically you are just committing your time), then it sounds like a good deal. If it matters, I'm swimming in debt, but manage it well. Nobody will take you serious. The company that I worked for provided me tuition assistance which paid for my classes.

Nigel Slater Japan Travel Agent, Oklahoma Small Business Relief, Where I Go Lyrics, Xavier University Of Louisiana Tuition, University Of Toronto Economics, Rangiroa Diving, Huge Leap Forward Meaning, Heather Lacombe Instagram, How Do Peacocks Reproduce, The Ambassador Stream, Choice Boards For Distance Learning, Larousse Gastronomique 2009, Original Margaret Fulton Cookbook, Closely Acquainted Synonyms, Jack Sherman, Tamarindo Shark Attack, Where To Buy Cannelloni Shells, Dolphin Cove Internship, Alt Balaji Instagram, Research On Sharks, Acc Basketball Tournament Tickets 2020, The Kitchen Quarantine Recipes, Orangeade Strain Flowering Time, Concept And Approaches Of Development, High Risk Parenteral Controlled Substances, Geoscience Institute, Kkr Vs Rr 2020 Scorecard, The Will To Death Song,