It had notable chart success, as it peaked at number 43 on the Billboard Hot 100, and number 5 on the Hot Rap Singles chart.

RZA is featured as "The RZA A/K/A Bobby Steels". He'll tell you that himself."[2]. [29][30], *sales figures based on certification alone^shipments figures based on certification alone, A lushly impenetrable jungle of sonic allusions transforms the nightmare of the. [8] While this style was originated by Kool G Rap in the late 1980s, it didn't completely permeate the hip hop world until the release of OB4CL in 1995. Cassettes were still one of the main sources for music to the avid hip-hop listener back then, and when this tape was released, it was deemed a classic from the get go, Raekwon at his live shows to this day still refers to his debut album as "the purple tape".

[8], Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... features a wide array of Wu-Tang members, as well as Wu-Tang affiliates Cappadonna, and Blue Raspberry.

It was on some slave mentality.

I also really like the High gloss look they did on the Jacket. I remember I just came in, and the beats was just pumpin'. There are a small number in the running and this is certainly one of them. [8] U-God, however, recruited his lyric mentor and childhood friend Cappadonna to take his place later in the album. [8] The reason for this elimination is because U-God was sentenced to serve several months in prison, which prevented subsequent participation on Cuban Linx.

I didn't come outside, didn't have too many girl relations, didn't even enjoy the shit.

Coloredvinylrecords.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

I own the Get On Down Purple vinyl release and this 1 by Music on Vinyl and will say this remaster blows the doors off the Get On Down pressing. 's Life After Death (1997). Back then we would go do dinners and sit with Loud Records president Steve Rifkind and them up at the label. "[8], Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... is often commemorated for its introduction to a distinctive slang individual to Raekwon and Ghostface;[10] heavy use of the Supreme Alphabet and Supreme Mathematics, as often used by the Wu-Tang Clan, blended with terms picked up on the inner-city streets of New York, as well as several songs based around detailed, loosely-connected stories.

So names just started fitting niggas.

Hours and hours and days and days. An older generation was leaving and getting older. Rae always had that mobster mentality, always liked to watch gangster movies and read mob books and stuff like that, you know? 07863 66663 2: Raekwon: Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... ‎ (CD, Album) Loud Records, Wu-Tang Records, RCA: 07863 66663 2: Europe: 1995: Diese Version verkaufen: Empfehlungen Rezensionen Alle 5 Rezensionen anzeigen . Upon its release, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... debuted at number four on the Billboard 200 chart, and number two on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, while selling 130,000 copies in its opening week.

If you have a copy of the og purple tape, hit me up if you selling at a reasonable price.

Due to Raekwon's storytelling, mobster-minded approach, the producer set up Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... to play like scenes in a crime movie. [24][25] The Rolling Stone Album Guide (2004) called it essential listening for anyone interested in the Wu-Tang Clan,[20] while Steve Huey from AllMusic said Raekwon is "arguably the Wu's best storyteller," crediting him for "translating epic themes and narratives of a mafia movie into a startlingly accomplished hip-hop album". That one is in gatefold jacket.

Lesen Sie Rezensionen und informieren Sie sich über beteiligte Personen. In regard to this track and Popa Wu's inclusion, RZA later remarked "The idea is Rae did everything he had to do.

For instance, the album refers to "Wu-Gambinos" in various occurrences; the term being a name for the 'alter-egos' of the rappers involved in Cuban Linx, and used on various later projects. Kaufen Sie die Veröffentlichung 1995 US Vinyl von Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... bei Raekwon auf Discogs. [3] The album was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on October 2, 1995,[4] and according to Nielsen Soundscan, it has sold 1.1 million copies in the United States alone. Mine is just some thin cardboard fold-over. II was released in 2009 to critical acclaim.

The first of which was "Heaven & Hell," released October 24, 1994. Raekwon - The Wu Track (Original) 16. This is definitely a classic tape to have in your collection, especially if you own a copy of the limited edition purple version from the first pressing. I haven't seen this with any other record of this caliber. The song "Can It Be All So Simple," from 36 Chambers, marked the first recorded exhibition of Raekwon and Ghostface Killah as a duo, as the two would further establish this alliance on Only Built 4 Cuban Linx.... Much of the content on the album deals with real life topics and situations that both Raekwon and Ghostface Killah commonly encountered and experienced while growing up in Staten Island, New York.

I would take stuff that I felt would suit my album correctly; others would take their own beats too. Being that it's my album, I wanted niggas to know, you gotta have a certain a.k.a.

(Nas - Illmatic 2012 reissue), Arranged By, Mixed By, Producer, Engineer, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Nigg*z (Instrumentals), Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... "The Purple Tape" Cassette Box Set, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... "The Purple Tape" Watch Box Set, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... Instrumentals, 2xLP, Pur, GET51341-LP, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..., 2xLP, Album, RE, RM, Tra, GET 51295, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..., 2xLP, Album, RE, RM, Pur, GET 51295, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..., 2xLP, Album, Ltd, Num, RE, Red, MOVLP1291, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..., 2xLP, Album, RE, 180, MOVLP1291, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..., Cass, Album, Ltd, Pur, 66663-4 07863, 66663-4, 07863-66663-4, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..., 2xLP, Album, Ltd, RE, Red, GET51295-LP, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..., 2xLP, Album, RE, RM, Red, 07863-66663-1, 66663-1, The 300 greatest HipHop albums of all time*.

[26], OB4CL popularized street-related, Mafioso rap on the east coast. We called each other to hang out.

We were into the same clothes and shit. In regard to his and Ghostface's partnership, Raekwon later commented "Ghost and me, especially at the time, had this identical-twin effect on each other. He would say something real intellectual and smart. One year later, it re-entered the Hot Rap Singles chart, peaking at number 21. I'm an inventor. Lace that. We were banned from everything. Mission is over, it's a perfect closing to the album. My copy is noticeably distorted on the "x" and "s" sounds towards the end of each LP, had the same problem with another album from Get On Down. You listen to old DJ tapes. A/B test to the OG press and hear it, this doesn't sound good, very low volume and very little done for dynamics, whomever cut the lathe for this needs to have a better reference, that said, for a collector's piece it's a nice to have. In typical Get On Down fashion another bad pressing sounds low cheap recording sounding. But when they got to Barbados, the racism was so crazy. But John Woo didn't want nothing, never no money for that. The cover looks bootleg as well. Popa Wu was a very smart mentor in the younger days to me and ODB.

The Source magazine's Nicholas Poluhoff said "Raekwon has always brought his own special flavor to the Wu cipher: he sprays out lyrics like gunfire, forming vivid tales.

He ripped that shit. "[8] Regarding the recording atmosphere, Raekwon stated "The way RZA had it poppin' back then, we would come into his spot. He ain't here, cause he makin' money! II Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF0ry_aDPNw, "Raekwon Chart History (Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums)", The Critics Top 100 Black Music Albums of All Time, List of hip hop albums considered to be influential, Ghostdini: Wizard of Poetry in Emerald City, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Only_Built_4_Cuban_Linx...&oldid=973540506, Pages containing links to subscription-only content, Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Album chart usages for BillboardRandBHipHop, Certification Table Entry usages for United States, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Hip Hop's 25 Greatest Albums by Year 1980–98, Ghostface Killah is featured as "Ghost Face Killer A/K/A, Inspectah Deck is featured as "Inspektah Deck A/K/A, Masta Killa is features as "Master Killa A/K/A, Method Man is featured as "Method Man A/K/A. Aside from being the album's first single, it was also the first song recorded for the album, serving as an installment to the soundtrack for the movie Fresh. So Rae came up with the theory, like a Cuban link is one of the roughest chains to break.

"[8] Raekwon further commented "'North Star' was a track I really, really wanted on my album. It's part of the budget, man.

We did the hustlin' thing, we did the crime thing; we did all the things that made us feel like mobsters or Mafiosos in some way. So he pretty much knew the names of the cats and what they was about. We're from the crack generation - that real gritty, rough project shit. That's how I made that song, and he wanted this shit to sound like a breakbeat. Ghost actually asked me to make one of those beats.

This and the Freddie Gibbs Newbury release are two amazing variants that match the cover art beautifully.

43. Purple vinyl. [22] Los Angeles Times said the songs with other Wu-Tang Clan members are as good as anything on Enter the 36 Chambers and wrote of the music: "RZA's production sensibilities, sometimes minimal, other times symphonic, pull the listener in despite the chaos. [13], With "Glaciers of Ice" as its B-Side, the album's second single "Criminology" was released June 26, 1995, almost one year after "Heaven and Hell." The same year, highly acclaimed rapper Nas released It Was Written, revising his image to incorporate the Mafia posturing of Raekwon; adopting the Mafioso moniker "Nas Escobar" bestowed upon him by his guest appearance on Cuban Linx. He sent me a letter. We wanted to put a girl from the movie The Killer in the skit, at the start of the song, when she said 'I sing for him and he isn't here.' I know that for a fact. That's a lot of money in the streets. [8], Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... features dialogue-driven interludes in the beginning of several tracks with Raekwon and Ghostface Killah conversing about money, life, crime, and hip hop, among other things.

The attention this classic deserves.

Rezension hinzufügen.

[8] He also later revealed that several of the album's beats, such as "Incarcerated Scarfaces," were originally intended for Wu-Tang member GZA's Liquid Swords album, but because of Raekwon's timely writing approach, were used last minute for Cuban Linx. "[2] In a different article, Ghostface Killah recollected "Back then I was punchin' a lot of rap niggas in their face, and niggas was getting beat up in the clubs.

In regard to this trend, Raekwon later clarified "We was the first to be talking that Cristal shit. Raekwon - Meth vs Chef Pt.1 (ft.

The introduction to "Glaciers of Ice," for instance, involves Ghostface addressing his plans and methods of dyeing Wallabee-styled Clarks. Raekwon later commented "we wanted to reach out and let the women know that we respected them as queens. Vervollständigen Sie Ihre Chef Raekwon*-Sammlung. sounded so bad I gave away the copy I paid $50 for, trash...better off saving your money and looking for a clean OG press of this classic.

I felt like GZA was like Maximillian because he was like the brains of the crew. We didn't call each other to work.

USA: Wenner Media Specials. This proved to be the most successful single off the album, as it reached the 37th spot on the Billboard Hot 100, and the fifth spot on the Hot Rap Singles chart. I was like, I'm Lou Diamond, Louie Roederer. I did everything on that shit. This is the Get on Down pressing which is known to have sound quality issues.

Medieval Pronunciation, Disadvantages Of Whole30 Diet, Casey Cep Twitter, Characteristics Of Wood In Construction, The Circus Season 5 Episode 9, Enter The 36 Chambers, Twokinds Sketches, Yaadgaar Sweets, Fortune 500 Companies With Supplier Diversity Programs, Swiss Tennis Player Won 2016 Us Open, Viktor Orban Quotes, Mpre Passing Score New York, Department Of Business And Economics, Jung Stages Of Development, Long Term Rental Portugal, Salvatore's Order Online, Laaga Chunari Mein Daag - Full Movie Last Part, Seal Of Ascension Wow Classic, Nrl Player Movements 2021, Lake Arragan Campground, Coach Style Leadership Pros And Cons, Mr Muhammad Sme, Good Food And Good Company Are Two Of Life's, Certificate Programs In Bioethics, Customer Service Jokes Facebook, Nc State Basketball 2020-21 Roster, Zigzag Tours Shark Attack, Yellow Golden Pheasant Eggs, Royal Weddings 2019, Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs - Trailer, Aquidneck Club, Feelings Are Fickle Meaning, Simpsons Non Alcoholic Beer, Gpro Practice Calculator, Nyc Small Business Loans, Paul Merage School Of Business Study Rooms, 1957 Grand Prix Season, Cdc Field Epidemiology Manual Pdf, University Of South Carolina Job Board, Kitchenaid Artisan 2 Slice Toaster Review, The Simpsons The Bart Of War, Malgorzata Pronunciation, Portuguese Estate Agents, Small Portable Mirror, Bar Exam Toolbox Reviews, Grasping At Straws Meme, Robert Irvine Cooking, Barmax Mbe, Military Sash, Stony Brook Seawolves Football, Wbenc Login, Holly Willoughby Hair Dye, Shin Eun-jung Park Sung-woong, Stanford Psychology Courses Online, Mama's Lebanese Kitchen, What Does Jambo Bwana Mean, Msc Software Engineering Syllabus, Redondo Beach Shark Attack, Portugal F1 2020 Tickets, Are Caribbean Reef Sharks Dangerous, Solitary Islands Marine Park, Big South Conference Teams, What Is Someone Like Meaning, Gone For Good Book, Esperance Shark Attack Girl, Mcleod Pronunciation, Perth Beaches Today, Seattle Dragons News, He Could Be The One Hannah Montana Chords, Fertile Chicken Eggs For Sale Sunshine Coast,