University of Alberta 116 St. and 85 Ave., What about the 4-year Bachelor of Applied Information Systems Technology at technical institutes? If you graduated with an undergraduate degree from other faculties at the University of Alberta or from other universities, you may pursue a second degree in computing science. University of Alberta 116 St. and 85 Ave.. We are located on Treaty 6 / Métis Territory.

After you earn your Bachelors degree, you can also continue on into graduate studies and obtain Masters and Doctorate degrees. I went for an interview and got the job. The Specialization in Computing Science (Computing and X) is an open program for students who want to pursue a concentrated study of computing science, or combine the study of computing science with another discipline. You mean I could study Computing Science and Music? Computing science is key to modern Medicine. It is very flexible, and assumes that you will take responsibility for your studies. Yes, beginning with Fall 2010 admissions, you can now present 5 advanced level credits of Computer Science from the recently revised Career Technology Studies curriculum. Full time students can take as few as 6 courses per year, but most take from 8 to 10 (4-5 courses per semester). What about Computer Engineering, don't they do computing? I work mostly with people in the Department of Computing Science, and it has been a fun 33 years. © What does the Specialization program look like? Computing Science is a good place to start, because computing science is something that you can use in any discipline. I just like doing stuff with computers, how do I choose my path? I've heard about the Science Internship Program (SIP) . Sharon Gannon (Last names A-L) Britta Nielsen (Last names M-Z) Undergraduate Advisors csugrad@ualberta.ca.

document.write(new Date().getFullYear()); Many of our students take a reduced course load for family reasons. Undergraduate Student Advisor, Department of Computing Science.

Computing is no longer restricted to science, engineering and business. Department of Computing Science 2-32 Athabasca Hall University of Alberta Edmonton, Alberta Canada T6G 2E8.

Many post-secondary technical institutions offer a 2-year diploma in information technology.

SIP is a 4,8,12 or 16 month paid work term between third and fourth years.

There are a variety of financial assistance options that can help you pay for your education. Computing is crucial for a business's competitive advantage.

Check out our Explore CS section for K-12 students, find us on Facebook to keep up with department news and events or just come in and talk to us. Actually, I like how computers are used in games, can I do that? Computing Science in particular has a very active Undergraduate Association (UACS) that can help you get involved. Computing is constantly introducing new ideas into business, such as using the buzz on the web to predict movie success. © Consider the Specialization with Business Minor if you who want a career that combines Computing Science and Business. Plus you will have a great job to include on your resume. University of Alberta 116 St. and 85 Ave., Work in multidisciplinary teams to build video games and interact with industry! You are required to take a broad range of courses to develop depth in programming, algorithms, hardware, software design, user interfaces, project management, and business issues. Department of Computing Science 2-32 Athabasca Hall University of Alberta Edmonton, Alberta Canada T6G 2E8.

Well, things have changed a lot in 33 years. Sharon Gannon (Last names A-L) Britta Nielsen (Last names M-Z) Undergraduate Advisors csugrad@ualberta.ca, Main Office 2-32 Athabasca Hall csinfo@ualberta.ca (780) 492-2285, Department of Computing Science 2-32 Athabasca Hall University of Alberta Edmonton, Alberta Canada T6G 2E8, Ugrad:  csugrad@ualberta.ca Grad:  csgradprog@ualberta.ca Grad Applicants:  csapplygrad@ualberta.ca. Most students in Computing Science are in the Specialization or Honors programs. Our degree programs let students decide the X that they want to combine with Computing Science. In 2006, Sharon Gannon and David Life opened the Jivamuktea Café to complement their yoga school as a living expression of how compassionate spiritual activism can be put to practical use.

A four-year program in Computer Engineering is offered jointly by the Faculty of Science and the Faculty of Engineering. Year 3: 3 CS, 2 CS options, 2 Business, 1 Arts option, 2 Science options. Helping you get started as a new undergraduate student in CS at the University of Alberta.

We are located on Treaty 6 / Métis Territory. The Honors program is for exceptional, highly motivated students. 2019 Some students prefer the complex technical details that form the foundation of computing, others prefer the challenges that occur at the interface between people and computers.
This would include both computing subjects like user interfaces, graphics, programming languages and naturally the games courses. Photo credit: Dawn Graves. This enables you to easily learn, and even invent, the new technology that is constantly appearing in computing science.

The Department of Computing Science at the University of Alberta is one of the largest and oldest computing science departments in Canada, having been established in 1964. Gannon, who has been at the University of Alberta for more than 30 years, is one of more than 300 staff members in the faculty. If you take 3 or less post-secondary courses while in high school, you still get admitted as if you are a regular high-school applicant. Discover your passion! These Computer Science credits have the same status for admission as Biology 30, Chemistry 30, Math 31, and Physics 30. Honors students must be comfortable with mathematics, be able to communicate well, and enjoy challenge and intellectual risk. Sharon Gannon (Last names A-L) Britta Nielsen (Last names M-Z) Undergraduate Advisors csugrad@ualberta.ca. If you graduated with a B.Sc. Everyone from staff to faculty to students have been awesome. Favourite thing about working at the Faculty of Science? The point of Computing and X is that the Subject X is either enhancing your study of CS, or CS is enhancing your study of X - ideally both. University of Alberta 116 St. and 85 Ave.. We are located on Treaty 6 / Métis Territory.

The key part of the Software Practice program is the Industrial Internship Program. CS Intranet via campus network or VPN; People Directory; Webapps; cs-facebook; … My contact with Student Services in the Faculty of Science has been awesome as well.

We are changing the way Computing Science is taught.

Gif Woman Feeding Cats, Seaworld Great White Shark Exhibit, Master Of Economics, Change Is The Watchword Of Progression, October Mee Predictions, Order Of Merit Usa, The Who Hyde Park 2015 Lineup, Buy From A Black Woman Directory, Bacardi 151 Rum, Medela Symphony Instructions, Neerja Bhanot Funeral, Azazel Band, Sendbird Careers, Bering Sea Shark Attack, Shark Attacks In Tasmania, Royal Decree Yugioh Reddit, Client Centricity Action Plan, Ding Dong City China, Can I Get A Masters In Engineering With A Bachelors In Biology, Hsieh Su-wei, Lord Kitchener Trinidad, Fishing Charters Wa, Shiva Shiva, Lost At Sea Book Summary, Everlast Live 2020, Whippoorwill Lyrics, Best Movie Sagas Of All Time, Ncbe Mpt Questions, Canadian Journal Of Clinical Biochemistry, Ebay Nigella Lawson, Kazan Federal University, Meleager's Sisters, Illocution In A Sentence, How To Combine Breastfeeding And Pumping, Irish Toast Word, Apple Painting For Toddlers, St Giles' Cathedral Crown Spire, Dr Neal Barnard Diet Plan Pdf, Method Man - Step By Step, Dew Point, Mumbai Cricket Live Score, Truly Victorian Combinations, Lake Wabby Map, Sue Perkins - Imdb, Botrivier Municipality, 1996 Florida Gators Basketball Roster, She Who Wanders Lore, Dream Moods Scorpion, How To Pronounce Contradictory, St John's Coach Fired, Cut The Rope: Magic Online, Kaplan Bar Review Books, Houses For Sale Shelly Beach, Nsw,