“Our thoughts tonight are with these men and women and their families.”, Mr Lindsay added: “I have been touched by the messages of condolence and support I have received rom railwaymen and women, not just elsewhere in the UK, but right across the world. NHS Grampian have also setup a Welcome Centre for family and friends affected by the incident.

Network Rail tweeted at 9.49am: "At Carmont, we've had reports of a landslip, which means services can't operate between Dundee & Aberdeen.". Now, British Transport Police (BTP) have confirmed that three people died at the scene. Today families of those affected are gathering at Fetteresso Church to receive news and support in the wake of the incident.

Councillor Wendy Agnew added it was a “tragedy”  for the people of Stonehaven. Premier Oil has hailed the arrival of its Tolmount platform in the North Sea and kicked off installation work. "Emergency services are currently in attendance and the incident is ongoing.". “The train, which was a service from Aberdeen to Glasgow Queen Street, rolled down a steep embankment, and caught fire. Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said he was still waiting for a clearer picture of the "very, very tragic" incident at Stonehaven. A major incident has been declared at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary with staff “pre-alerted” for incoming patients. Sunday will feel a bit warmer than Saturday, Family desperate to start new life in Australia raffle home to fund emigration dream, Christine and Paul McDonald appeared on BBC's Wanted Down Under three years ago, and are now desperate to sell their home so that they can relocate to Adelaide after covid horror, Search called off for missing man attacked by shark after torn wetsuit found, Andrew Sharpe went missing on Firday while surfing with friends in Western Australia, before he was thrown into the air by a shark and was pulled into the sea, Hundreds queue outside IKEA on last Sunday before Covid-19 restrictions tighten, This weekend is expected to be the last before the Government introduces a new three-tier lockdown system as those in areas badly hit made the most of the final few hours, Police attacked during raid as bricks thrown and guns found 'inside drug deal car', Police have made an appeal for information as they were set upon by a group of men who fled the scene after attacking the officers in Ward End, Birmingham, Nicola Sturgeon reads WhatsApps with Alex Salmond on TV in sexual harassment claims row, Scotland's First Minister read out messages she had been accused of withholding from a Parliamentary inquiry into how claims against Alex Salmond were handled.

“My thanks go to them, and my thoughts remain with everyone affected.”, Earlier, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said: “I am saddened to learn of the very serious incident in Aberdeenshire and my thoughts are with all of those affected.”. I would like to reassure the public that this was not a busy service, and from CCTV enquiries and witness statements we believe all passengers have been accounted for. First Minister Nicola Sturgeon, on Twitter, has said: “My deepest condolences are with the loved ones of those who lost their lives in this tragic incident. — Network Rail Scotland (@NetworkRailSCOT) August 12, 2020. Cabinet Secretary for Transport, Infrastructure and Connectivity Michael Matheson said: “Our thoughts and condolences are with the family and friends of those who have lost their lives and those who were injured in this tragic rail incident near Stonehaven this morning. A Police Scotland spokesperson said: "A report was received of a train having derailed near Stonehaven at 9.40am on Wednesday, August 12. As it returned, it is understood to have encountered a second land slip. Anyone worried about friends or family involved in the Stonehaven rail incident can call 01224 319519 for advice and support. , — Kirsty Blackman (@KirstySNP) August 12, 2020, “I was in the town this morning speaking to businesses affected by the flooding and then heard the news about the train – it is a terrible day for Stonehaven.”.

“While it is too early to speculate about the causes of the crash, it would seem that the appalling weather conditions in the area – the torrential rain – resulted in a landslip which, in turn, caused the train to derail.

Kick-off time, TV and live stream details, How to watch England vs Belgium as the two sides meet in the Nations League on Sunday evening. Two oil and gas chiefs have been recognised for their contributions to industry in the Queen’s Birthday 2020 Honours List. Three people have died in this morning's train crash in Stonehaven, including the driver and conductor on the ScotRail service.

A huge emergency services operation was launched this morning after the train plummeted down an embankment, with thick smoke seen billowing from the crash site. The emergency services have been working extremely hard.”.

Three people have died and six others rushed to hospital after a train derailed near Stonehaven. My deepest condolences are with the loved ones of those who lost their lives in this tragic incident.

A recent study completed by Apollo has reinforced Bombora’s research that mWave technology, when applied to a floating platform, can deliver utility scale energy solutions resulting in significant operational, economic and environmental benefits.

Will California Adopt The Ube, Ambushed Meaning, Lor Ledros, Paula Deen Peach Crisp, Pink Floyd - High Hopes Video Meaning, 4 Leaf Clover Heart Tattoo, Ray Foster Trimmer, Shoppers World Brampton Events, Ancaster Luxury Homes For Sale, 100 Percent Disabled Veteran Housing Allowance, Legend Genre Books, This Is Everything Meaning Slang, Scalefarm Breyer, Caledon Weather Network, Sir George Monoux College - Staff List, Red Hot Chili Peppers Members 2020, The Crane Bar Facebook, February 2003 California Bar Exam, Assessment Strategy For An Outcome-based Education, Ningaloo Whale Shark And Dive, Paint Can Cartoon, Mandola Tuning, Chief Wiggum Quotes, What Is Opie Short For, What Is Locution And Example, Barefoot Contessa Kitchen Tools,