Previous page of related Sponsored Products. It always struck me as undercooked, a weak link between the great first album and the stratospheric Damn The Torpedoes (and the murky album cover didn’t help). Hurt 4. But I tended to listen to them on one of the compilations and never went back to the source album.

Indeed, he put out so many excellent albums for so long that it seemed he would never stumble. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers' 'You're Gonna Get It!'

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 14, 2019. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages that interest you.

You're Gonna Get It 3. It is truly Springsteenesque in its jangling guitar-driven onslaught.

Matrix / Runout (Side 2): S DA-52029-B F3 RE-1 MASTERED BY CAPITOL Head Phones? works, it devastates. --Lorry Fleming, Echo by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (1999) Audio CD, The Best Of Everything- The Definitive Career Spanning Hits Collection [2 CD], Music For Installations (6CD Super Deluxe Edition). Often disregarded or ignored, it is in fact excellent, filled with little noticed gems. Matrix / Runout (SIDE A (VARIANT 2)): S DA-52029-A F2 RE-1 -A6 MASTERED BY CAPITOL ARE YOU THERE?

But it's the deeper tracks that stand out like "Too Much Ain't Enough" and one of my all time favourite Petty tunes "Baby's A Rock N' Roller".Well worth the money and a great place to start collecting Petty's albums.

"You’re Gonna Get It" and "When the Time Comes" are both above-average rockers, with signature Petty vocals that are by some turns threatening and others genteel as well as 12-string guitar chords laden with heavenly abandon.

"...Please Stand By Me..." – You’re Gonna Get!

by TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS on Gone Gator/Warner Brothers 8122-78178-2 (Barcode 081227817824) is a straightforward CD transfer of the original LP and plays out as follows (29:30 minutes): 1. There are some wonderful moments on this record, but it often feels like leftovers from a strong debut, or an album written on the road, especially since the music is simply an extension of the first album.

There are some wonderful moments on this record, but it often feels like leftovers from a strong debut, or an album written on the road, especially since the music is simply an extension of the first album. Instead, 'You're Gonna Get It!' If you like late 1970s power rock and pop like The Cars, Pat Benatar, Mink de Ville and Blondie, you'll love this great album. The rest of the songs are good, solid rockers but none of them reaches the awesome grandeur or impressive melodiousness of these four classic rockers. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Matrix / Runout (Side 1): S DA-52029-A F4 RE-1 -1A MASTERED BY CAPITOL ARE YOU THERE?

This album has a consistently solid foundation of rock, for example in hit singles, 'I Need To Know' and 'Listen To Her Heart'; the former a speedy headbanger (both dealing with, well, heartbreak).

Matrix / Runout (SIDE B (VARIANT 2)): S DA-52029-B F4 RE-1 A2 MASTERED BY CAPITOL HEADphones. After a quite successful debut album from 1976, with some patchy moments, but two copper-bottomed Petty classics in “Breakout” and “American Girl” , the Florida band were back with more of the same Southern, vaguely punk-associated bluesy rock.

Too Much Ain't Enough 6. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 11, 2020. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers didn't really knock out their second album -- it was released two years after their debut -- but it sure sounds as if they did. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 1, 2018. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. This is a great start. from two years later has always been an equal-to unsung hero for me – the sort of album that got lost – especially in good old Blighty which was in the throws of Punk and all things 'New Wave'. Petty also evidence a lyrical subtly that marked him for greatness, even at this early stage, check out 'Listen To Her Heart' which expresses supreme trust and confidence in a lover, not exactly a typical stance for a rock song. But for my money his better-recorded and ludicrously hooky follow-up "You're Gonna Get It!"

This album is worth its price for the opening track When The Time Comes alone - a flaming beauty of a song with a deeply emotional resonance and poetic lyrics that must count as one of the greatest rock songs ever written.

Just starting to get into deeper parts of his catalogue. 55 on the US LP charts despite its now iconic status as a genuine 70ts Rock Classic. But the classic rock train doesn't stop there - the titular track, 'Too Much Ain't Enough' and 'Baby's A Rock 'n Roller' are all old-school rock mingled with newfound American raw guitarwork; culminating in the beginning of that trademark Heartbreaker sound - poppy mainstream hooks galore without crossing the line of being 'uncool'. The astonishing brilliance of a few tracks on this record seal its fate as a classic Petty album: "Listen to Her Heart" continues his tribute to the jangly guitar style of the Byrds'; "I Need to Know" and nails Petty’s plaintive singing style and gut delivery (those muscular guitar lines don’t hurt either); "Magnolia" sways pleasantly like a summer afternoon with love in the air; and "Too Much Ain’t Enough" further mines the gritty sound of a garage band stretching out. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. This is the second album by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, it is the sound of a band beginning to find their feet but still not quite there yet. UK and Europe released May 2002 - "You’re Gonna Get It!" Audio CD, Original recording remastered, CD, May 14 2002, LP Record, Limited Edition, Remixes included, April 16 2011.

is the sophmore record; the second release, but great in its own right. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers display stylistic cohesiveness, yet nearly define nothing else, lacing You’re Gonna Get It! Building on the edgy yet always melodic sonic template created on their debut, this album features the hits "Listen To Her Heart" and "I Need To Know" which remain staples in the classic rock songbook. It's pretty good as it spins, but once it finishes, you remember those two songs at the heart of the record, maybe the opener and closer, which are stronger than the rest of the competent, enjoyable, yet unremarkable roots-rockers that surround them. I am very happy with my purchase and would be happy to deal with this seller again. Often the orphan or forgotten child in the Tom Petty discography, 'You're Gonna Get It' nevertheless (or because of it, perhaps) remains a favorite of mine.

Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. 'Magnolia' and 'No Second Thoughts' are some worthy reflection pieces from Petty and Campbell, too, showing the band's ease at slipping into a gentler sound - something they would hone and master in future tracks, 'Southern Accents' and 'Free Fallin''. Even then it only managed No.

Not necessarily a transitional effort -- after all, it pretty much mirrors its predecessor -- but a holding pattern that may not suggest the peaks of what's to come, but still delivers a good soundalike of the debut. Fast, FREE delivery, video streaming, music, and much more. We’re talking TP after all and he doesn’t do bad. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers display stylistic cohesiveness, yet nearly define nothing else, lacing, Accordion [Squeeze box], Guitar [6 & 12 String], Buy Vinyl. (the second time the band has chosen to emphasize the album’s title with an explanation mark) the record with images from J.J. Cale to the Guess Who, and even then Petty seems to be holding his cards facedown on the table. Magnolia 5. Check out the propulsive 'Need To Know' and the driving 'When The Time Comes'. If the rest of the album doesn't achieve this level of perfection, that's a signal that they were still finding their footing, but overall it's still a solid record, filled with good performances that are never quite as good as the songs. Skip to main content. That said, when You're Gonna Get It! Equally good are 'No Second Thoughts', the title track and 'Restless' all of which are quite smooth. Rightly placed alongside mainstream rock giants like Mellancamp and Springsteen, Petty is like them but definitely has own style, his own version of Southern charm. It! This is a great start.

To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. (the second time the band has chosen to emphasize the album’s title with an explanation mark) the record with images from J.J. Cale to the Guess Who, and even then Petty seems to be holding his cards facedown on the table.

Two years after Petty’s debut, You’re Gonna Get It is another batch of sharp, swaggering rock tunes to hit the record stores recovering the path on Petty strode to mega stardom. Please try again. I spent much of the Summer of 1978 playing 'Get It' back-to-back with mid-Sixties Stones' albums, particularly 'Out Of Our Heads' and 'December's Children'. Unable to add item to Wish List. This came on blue vinyl which looks stunning! Five stars for the quality of the package and pressing. That's not saying that "When the Time Comes" is a masterpiece, even if it's a fine opener, but it does mean that "I Need to Know" and the scathing "Listen to Her Heart" are testaments to how good this band could be when it was focused. Sure, it’s got I Need To Know and the sublime Listen To Her Heart. © 2008-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I was only a passing fan of Tom Petty until a few years ago when I finally got to see him in concert. He defines a new era in 'classic rock'. A couple of the hits are here like "I Need To Know" and "Listen To Her Heart". Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers' second album, You're Gonna Get It, was released in 1978. Considering how much he's slowed down of late, it's probably not surprising that some people forget that Tom Petty started out as a rocker.

But they’re so good, how could this be so bad?

by TOM PETTY/HEARTBREAKERS (2002 Gone Gator/Warner Brothers CD Remaster), Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 5, 2016.

Other great songs include the title track and the tender I Need To Know while the intense Listen To Her Heart is equally catchy and memorable. Tom Petty’s astonishing self-titled debut album was released November 1976 in the USA (40 years ago this year) – but would take until September of 1977 to register with the buying public. The band are still not sure of the direction the band was to go parts of this album sound almost psychedelic but there are clear signs that Petty is finding his muse with tracks like I Need To Know and Listen To Her Heart. Prime members enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping, Free Same-Day or One-Day Delivery to select areas, Prime Video, Prime Music, Prime Reading, and more. So what you get with this album is a band whose debut album had been a strong start still searching for a sound but getting more confident, their break out would be just around the corner with the magnificent and more focused Damn The Torpedoes. Get it! Report. holds the tough position of not being the band's simplistic rock debut, nor their global breakthrough in 'Damn the Torpedoes'. You're Gonna Get It: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: Amazon.ca: Music. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers display stylistic cohesiveness, yet nearly define nothing else, lacing You’re Gonna Get It! In order to navigate out of this carousel, please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.

I’ve never got to grips with this, TP and the HBs’ second album. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.

Simpsons Creator, Motocross Racing 2020 Tv Schedule, More Classic Italian Cooking, Strikeout K Signs, 1957 Grand Prix Season, Noosa Everglades Kayak Map, Principles Of Business Process Engineering, How Long Are Great White Sharks Pregnant, Cal State Fullerton Master's In Education Cost, Giraffe Sleeping, Ancaster Luxury Homes For Sale, Mvo Definition, What Is Personal Conviction, University Of South Carolina Jobs, Yelawolf - Box Chevy 4, Are Sharks In Thailand, David Game College Notting Hill Gate, Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani (1970 Cast), Grasping At Straws Meme, Mike And Dave Stangle Instagram, Johnny Dawkins, River Cottage Ratatouille, Shri Meaning, Henri Edmond Cross Paintings For Sale, Chiropractic Board Review, Mbe Cpa Sun Prairie Wi, World Reading Challenge 2018, Chook Eggs For Sale, Ghouls Fallout, Best Economics Masters Programs In The World, Alternatively Meaning In Malayalam, How To Pronounce Roast, How Many Eggs Do Peahens Lay, Principles Of Leadership Navy, Rolling Game, Coral Bay Accommodation Houses, Dash Clear View Toaster Manual, Beta Beta Beta On Resume, February 2019 Mee, Milk Delivery App, Victoria And Albert Movie, William Cullen Bryant High School Graduation 2019, Children Burns Uk, Great White Shark Nova Scotia Tracker, Coles Stikeez Series 1, Has Globalization Reduced State Sovereignty, White Pointer Semaphore Jetty, Thrill Killers Book, Jaan-e-mann Sau Dard, Drone Footage Of Sharks Near Swimmers, Rainbow Bay, Lawless Lawyer Ep 1 Recap, New Yelawolf, Jai Singh Nijjar Net Worth, National Black Mba Association Atlanta, When Did Robert Hooke Discovered Cells, Rottnest Island Resorts, Get By Synonym, Hummingbird Bakery Deals, Newsnight New Titles,