Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show. A detective in the flat then reveals Pinkworth, who accuses him of grand theft, pointing to the Mona Lisa. Mr. Bean is a contestant on the TV show 'Blind Date', competing with two other men to win a date with the beautiful Tracy. The Web's largest and most comprehensive scripts resource. [3], Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Bernard and the Genie - Video Collector", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bernard_and_the_Genie&oldid=981818089, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 4 October 2020, at 15:57. The sorcerer transforms the man into a genie and traps him in a lamp as punishment. Genie: And you are a very large turd in a horrible pink shirt. Bernard and the Genie They also cause Bernard's elevator operator to win the football pools (which he claims to have won twice before), get Bernard's former girlfriend and best mate arrested on drug charges, and bring about a rare snow to London. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Genie: Say the words "I wish" with the caution you would normally reserve for "Please castrate me.". A moment later, Bernard is outside and waves to the woman through the window, who blows him a kiss in return. Bernard and the Genie (TV Movie 1991) bloopers, mistakes, errors in continuity, plot holes, anachronisms, spoilers and more. When Bernard returns to his flat, he encounters a man who tries to kill him. Bernard and the Genie Title card featuring the lamp Genre Comedy-drama Fantasy Supernatural Writt https://www.quotes.net/movies/bernard_and_the_genie_quotes_947. Bernard Fripp is told he has around thirty minutes to live.
A nasty comedian's assistant has allergy induced sneezes, giving problems at work, et cetera. He starts hanging up the phone each time it rings, which the police interpret as a form of coded communication. Genie: I can see it now: the loving relatives, the priest, the staggeringly-attractive best man, the shagged-out bridesmaids... Genie: One day I was in the Temple when they tried to turn it into a supermarket; Jesus went in there and kicked ass! Lawrence, an aging, lonely civil servant falls for Gina, an enigmatic young woman. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Directed by Paul Weiland. Hale and Pace and The Stonkers perform the official Comic Relief song "Stonk" on the 3rd Red Nose Day 1991, with special guests David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) on guitar and Mr. Bean ( Rowan Atkinson ) on drums. I can't bring myself to give this less than five stars even if it is just short and sweet. He hands the ticket to the woman at the entrance to see Santa Claus, and she asks him what he would like for Christmas. Finally, they cause Pinkworth's entire fortune to be donated to a charity organization which, in a televised news event, gathers at Pinkworth's house to express their gratitude, to his great dismay. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Bernard Bottle, a mild mannered art buyer, is fired by his greedy boss, abandoned by his girlfriend and discovers a genie in an old bottle. However, this time, a different and much less notable painting is on the wall, and the detective learns the Mona Lisa has been returned to the Louvre. Title: But when Bernard wishes for the "Mona Lisa," these unlikely pals find themselves pursued by the police. Co-produced by Attaboy and Talkback for BBC Television, the film was first shown on BBC1 on 23 December 1991. Frank Kepple: If you ever need anything, you just call and I'll be up there faster than a poker up a pervert. The police apologize for the intrusion and leave. Bernard then wishes he could go back and do things differently, which suddenly causes time to rewind back to when Bernard was about to enter his flat. He accepts weekly injections after seeing the cute nurse. Bernard then enters his flat with confidence (and with Josephus by his side), where his boss again accuses him of grand theft. 17 of 17 people found this review helpful. At the station, Bernard tries multiple times to call Josephus at his flat, but at first Josephus doesn't hear the telephone ringing, then fails to understand how the device works. An art dealer befriends a genie whom he frees from a lamp which he has been imprisoned with by an evil wizard for 2000 years for the accidental death of the evil wizard's daughter when the art dealer is fired by his greedy and corrupt boss. She then clears Bernard's flat of nearly everything, leaving behind only a small amount of furniture and an ornate antique lamp. Charles Pinkworth: Suddenly my gold fountainpen has gone missing. 13 British comedy stars lured to Hollywood in the 1990s, Geek shows and movies on UK TV in the coming week, What to Watch if You Miss the "Game of Thrones" Cast. View production, box office, & company info. However some reviewers criticised the quality of the release, with one complaining that the RBB logo was still visible in the corner of the picture, indicating that it was ripped from a TV broadcast. Genie: As far as I know; the training for this stupid job is practically nonexistent. Quotes.net. (TV Movie 1991). Daniel Williamson.

Find out about all the goofs from Bernard and the Genie (TV Movie 1991) on IMDb. See photos of celebrities like Scarlett Johansson and Leonardo DiCaprio before they hit the big-time, and revisit their earliest onscreen roles. After the initial culture shock, Bernard and Josephus quickly bond.

. That's a fully-fledged bastard of a good point. When he takes her to the G8 Summit in Reykjavik, however, their bond is tested by Lawrence's professional obligations. Looking for something to watch? It was released on VHS by CBS/Fox in North America in 1992 [1] and in the UK by Thames Video in 1993 [2], On 11 November 2016, the German home entertainment company Pidax Films released a DVD of the film, under its German title Bernie und der Weihnachtgeist. In a confused state, Fripp sets out to discover the best way to spend his dying moments. I absolutely adore this movie, there are wall-to-wall, non-stop laughs and a wonderful, heartwarming Christmas storyline.The script, written by Richard Curtis who later went on to write Four Weddings & a Funeral, Notting Hill and Bridget Jones' Diary, is flawless, it's nothing more than a classic British comedy weaved around a modernisation of the Ali Baba story.The film really also launched the career of Alan Cumming, who went on to bigger, if not better, things, and whoever he's played more recently, he'll always be endeared in my heart as Bernard Bottle, that simple, humble Scottish art dealer.A lot of this relies on Lenny Henry and his making a fool of himself in public - a lot of it is based on anachronistic jokes, but the partnership between the physical and, frankly, very silly antics of Henry and the very quaint and naive simplicity of Cumming balances out perfectly. It's warm, sweet-hearted and immensely funny. The opening scene of the film is repeated, where Josephus is cornered by the sorcerer again. When the man states "Your wish is my command", Bernard wishes for the fight to stop, which it does. Bernard returns dejectedly to his flat and seeks comfort, but discovers that his girlfriend has been sleeping with his best friend. Charles Pinkworth: That's a good point, Bernard. If you ever get a chance to see this movie, do, I can assure you you won't be disappointed.

Charles Pinkworth: I beg your BLOODY pardon? After the initial culture shock, Bernard and Josephus quickly bond. Bernard finds himself unable to wish the painting away and is arrested for grand theft and murder. Bernard is put in jail, and Josephus eventually joins him in the cell. Find all about bernard and the genie on Scripts.com! Bernard learns that the man, named Josephus, is a genie who had been trapped inside the lamp for two thousand years, and that he can grant almost any wish. Bernard and the Genie is a 1991 British fantasy comedy-drama television film directed by Paul Weiland and written by Richard Curtis.
During the fight, Bernard wishes that the man could speak English, at which point he does. Bernard's luck takes an upswing, though, when he finds an old lamp and out pops Josephus (Lenny Henry), a hip genie. He attempts to clean the lamp, causing an explosion that sends him to the hospital. Bernard Bottle: So all I have to do is wish? I also love Dennis Lill as the lift operator Kepple, all of his scenes are brilliant.Even writing about it now makes me smile.

10 Oct. 2020. Soon after he uses a pencil and a crayon to copy a page of ... See full summary ».

Hip Hop Meaning In Tamil, Chicken And Prawn Curry Bbc, August Fegley Birthday, 410 Ilcs 705 1 Et Seq, Seaworld Great White Shark Exhibit, The Boneyard Cesspool, Hearthstone Grandmasters Decklists, Fdot Prequalification Application Login, Civil Engineering Exams, Rottnest Island Tour, Cataplexy Treatment, Cat Game Club Event Stars, Ocean Guardian Shark Shield, Get Sold, Goalie Goals Soccer, Spearfishing Gear Hawaii, Cuban Laud For Sale, Mee Bar Exam, Sultan Of Morocco, Zhentarim Members, I Remember Mama Reviews, Around The World Story Book, Draughtboard Shark Noise, Serious Men Movie, Bearing Meaning In Telugu, Medal Mounting Near Me, I Heard The Voice Of Jesus Say Organ, March Madness Teams, Council Learned In Law Henry Vii, Joe Rogan Pets, Drawing Tablet Shaky Lines,