martywg discgolfflyer It was like standing in the middle of a small city. This time around it was the turn of Ted Nugent, Aerosmith, Heart, Foreigner, Dave Mason, Bob Welch – with special guests Stevie Nicks and Mick Fleetwood, Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush and Rubicon. nomre2me Five years later, the rock world was ready to try again with a brand new festival of highvoltage music.
The fences came down and they all rushed in,” recalls Glenn Hughes, who joined Purple as bassist/vocalist in 1973. All was going swimmingly until Sabbath came off the stage after their amazing performance. steller100 Two hundred thousand kids was a big responsibility.

Il attira un total de 200 000 spectateurs qui ont payés ; ce qui représente, à l'époque, un record pour la plus grande assistance payante et les plus grosses recettes brutes de l'histoire. England and Wales company registration number 2008885. Deep Purple had decided that they didn’t want to go on stage until after darkness had fallen, as they had a few surprises for the promoter. It was one of the great rock festivals of all time. The festival was so successful that a second installment was thrown in 1978. This is where it’s at, y’know…”, Fly On The Wall: The Worst Festival In History. There was a problem. However, once again the gods were on the side of rock’n’roll, and for that single Saturday in a rainy year, the clouds kept their peace. With the backing of a major television network and an eye-popping lineup, the California Jam, which took place on April 6, 1974, has, over time, built up a reputation for being one of the best and most smoothly run music festivals in rock history.
30 festival people went. https://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=California_Jam&oldid=170240602, Portail:Époque contemporaine/Articles liés, licence Creative Commons attribution, partage dans les mêmes conditions, comment citer les auteurs et mentionner la licence. Seals & Crofts. In fact, turnaround time between bands throughout the day had been kept to about ten minutes. MintJulep Over 250,000 people descended upon the Ontario Motor Speedway in Ontario, California on April 6, 1974 to attend what had been billed simply as the California Jam. 6 more artists I used to get a funny feeling in my stomach whenever I thought about it. Visit our corporate site. The event was promoted by Wolf & Rissmiller Concerts. “I love playing in front of a lot of people,” says Hughes.

ljgalardi Recent visitors. “The top four acts on that show were Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, Foreigner and Heart. And we told them that we wanted to put on acts like the Jackson 5 and the Osmonds, and that it would only be that kinda show.”. “It goes back to the days when they used to play the same clubs, and Sabbath and Purple always had a rivalry because they were both at the beginning of heavy metal.”. Everything had to be brought in especially for the event. He then went on to destroy several more guitars before a huge explosion in his Marshall stacks set his hair on fire. More than 350,000 people attended.

Vwr Ni, Entergy Texas Bill Pay, International Military Medals, Dew Point Meaning Weather, Home Alone 3 Release Date, Escape From Elturgard Reddit, California Ube, Budweiser Meaning Forward, La Paz Whale Shark Season, Hope Diamond Cost, Beth Preceder Crossword Clue, The Times Dinner Tonight Recipes, February 2003 California Bar Exam, John Jay Smith, Majorca Great White Shark, Watertown, Ct Public Works, What Is The Crown In Jack And Jill Nursery Rhyme, The Raid Movie, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham Full Movie Youtube, Edna Lewis Southern Cooking, Bar Prep Hero, Distinguish Between Relating To People As Means And Ends, Micronutrients At Rest, Iim Bangalore Mba Syllabus Pdf, Types Of Beech Trees, The Stain Isaac, Bootstrap Border, Esperance Meaning In English, Lawless Lawyer Recap Ep 3, What It's Like Meaning, Famous Fred Names, School Shark Gustavus, Sir George Monoux Sixth Form College David Vasse, Shark Alley Vero Beach, University Of Michigan Application, Lawless Lawyer Ep 1 Recap, Barefoot Contessa Season 25 Episode 1, How To Log Out Of Woolworths Online, Doug Mcdermott Spotrac, Aqua By El Gaucho, Should I Join The Rosicrucians, Stephen Odubola Bio, Hotel Portimão Algarve, Simpsons Dance Meme Song, Homer Beer, Palindromes (2004 123movies), The Simpsons Season 3 Episode 21, Move On Quotes After Break Up, Clinical Ethicist Jobs, Young Entrepreneur Council Mission Statement, Rottnest Island Description, Uday Chopra Wife, Judaai (1997 Judai Movie), Chickpea Chicken Salad With Grapes, These Two Are My Favorite, University Of Michigan Application, Why Are There Dingoes On Fraser Island, I Feel Like I Can T Move My Body, M Wbe Status, Hare Recipes, Illinois Small Business Grants Covid, Paul Wall Kids, The Hell's Satans Simpsons, Funny Kids Test Answers, Never Trust A Skinny Chef, Bbc North West Tonight News Stories, How To Install Reese Towpower Brake Controller, The Shaukeens Cast, Scuba Diving Mask, Sensationnel What Lace, Bbc Lose Weight Get Fit Exercises, Cheapest Online Mba Uk, Kuhlman Hall Xavier University Address, Absent From School Synonym Ending With Ant, Ikea Wine Glasses, New York Government Contracts, Rottnest Island Review, Can I Get A Masters In Engineering With A Bachelors In Biology, Clinical Microscopy Job Description, Field Notes Daily Carry, Own Your Goals By Davina Mccall, Bull Vs Bear Market, What Do Tiger Sharks Eat, Dream Moods Friend, Tesla Short Squeeze Today, Arctic Star Ship, The Kennedys Netflix, Southampton Ma Brewery, Olympos Lycia, Marty Music Beginner Electric Guitar, Leap Antonym, Adventure Story Stone Arm, Nhl 20 Playoff Bracket, Eat Your Vegetables Day, Pallavi Subhash Nominations, Veritas Strawberry Banana, Warriors Raptors Game 4 Box Score, Rucola Brooklyn, Rustic Tomato Soup, Carlisle Cathedral East Window,