We were sick of loosing fish to sharks so we tied the hooks onto the tail. The unit incorporates a 2.2m flexible mesh antenna, which has been designed to … Select to expand quotegenuine said..I know that they shock the crap out of you every 30 sec or so, I couldnt wear one..Is that what the warrantee issues are?? Effective range is given as approximately 6 metresThe unit activates itself when you enter the water and deactivates when it is removed from water taking about 3 seconds to do so.We took it for a 3.2 km swim and at no time were we accidentally shocked, and whilst you can easily see the green LED flickering as pulses are admitted, we intentionally touched the contacts to see just how strong the shocks would be.We found the impulses to be on and off for approximately 3 seconds each phase, strong but not intolerable.

Props Dave .. Saw on the Facebook that the SurfSafe unit will be presented by Dave on the ironically named TV show "Shark Tank" this Sunday at 8pm on Channel 10. We do believe the ESDS to be better suited to free diving than its competitors as the ESDS has the advantage of less restriction (tail) and/or bulk than similar products on the market. Often i will find myself feeling around looking for a ping, just to reassure myselfThey make you feel a lot more secure in the water. Select to expand quotem00chy said..I have three boards with surf safes in them, easily the best product, around a thousand bucks to not ** yourself every time you are a long way out is very worth it me thinks.Select to expand quotemocha1 said..Vouch for surf safe......I believe the device is on SHARKTANK this Sunday night...eh DaveSelect to expand quotekatana said..www.surfsafe.net.au Its here in Australia Designed by surfers for surfers with protection and performance Currently being used all over WA , SA, , Reunion Island New Zealand and installers coming on board up and down the eastcoast as we speak Happy to answer any question with a little more accuracy than I f....n hope so!!!! Watched "Shark Tank".Dave great presentation.Panel of Sharks, no wonder they were disparaging. Sure they do! One for me and one each for the kids. Dave's though ( Surfsafe ) he has put a huge effort into testing the unit on Great Whites, Bull sharks and Tigers.. Sure they do! When i was coming in a guy came out, he asked was i staying and i said no, so he got straight back out, he didn't want to be surfing their on his own. Im sure if he had a electronic device he would have stayed and enjoyed himself.Yea he does. Cons•    Velcro fitting strap may not be quite tight enough to stop all movement on people with very small ankles or for some children without some form of packing arrangement. Their own marketing video doesn't fill me with much confidence! In fact there have been a number of cases where, once the unit was turned on, the shark quickly left the scene even though being in a state of frenzy at the time.Now that we have got your interest, and with us being firm believers in the concept, let's look at this latest related product to come our way for some in depth water testing (pun intended).Supplied to us by Dive and Fish Australia, we are very keen to evaluate the latest Electronic Shark Defense System (ESDS) because we feel it will fill a niche market and specific purposes due to its much smaller size. First wave though i changed back to a different board. the correct answer is either: n+1 (where n is the number of fishing rods you currently own); or. We are absolute believers in the principles that these work on and have done so since the practical first evaluation. There are better options in my humble opinion. Yeah i have the same reservations about how they would go against sharks.

could it possibly be that it got snagged or even another fish broke you off or your knot was crap where you tied it to the shark shield? Thanks :) yer we will keep testing them, only way to see what they can do. I also think that if a beast was attracted in there wouldn't be enough current in the device to make enough of a pulse to send it away.Fact is this, when your numbers up, your number is up! Often i will find myself feeling around looking for a ping, just to reassure myselfThey make you feel a lot more secure in the water. I bought three. I get a feeling it is still only the beginning for this product, with a lot to come in the future! I'E surfing not diving. Seems to do easy 3 or 4 sessions on a charge. Here you go,, charging.. First wave though i changed back to a different board. Go hard or go home. "No Shark" will soon be available in Australia.I understand the ESDS has had warantee issues?It seems the most proative solution to isolated surfing locations.I laughed at the FAQ on the web site "Will it stop shark attack" I ****n hope so.Interested to hear from owners if they have had problems with the units or / and especially if they've had shark encounters? What I'd like to know is, has anyone been attacked with any of these devices on? Hahahahaha thats awesome. Sounds like its a bit hairy over in WA , have to love our 'mostly shark free' waters in VIC. Many review and testimonials were said to each and every product of the two site. By the way the board you had during the presentation looked awesome..what model is that? ESDS - Shark Shield. When asked by a non-fisherman 'how many fishing rods do you really need?' Best of luck! When it charges it even turns itself on and off because the charge rate will heat up the unit. What I'd like to know is, has anyone been attacked with any of these devices on?No and i guess thats the grey area.

i think he likes the shock lol. Do shark shields or electronic shark defense systems work, you ask? The esds is better for the kids. ?Cheers Mike D. I know that they shock the crap out of you every 30 sec or so, I couldnt wear one.. Select to expand quotekatana said..www.surfsafe.net.auIts here in Australia Designed by surfers for surfers with protection and performance Currently being used all over WA , SA, , Reunion Island New Zealand and installers coming on board up and down the eastcoast as we speak Happy to answer any question with a little more accuracy than I f....n hope so!!!! Im sure if he had a electronic device he would have stayed and enjoyed himself.Yea he does. Hahahaha. For me i think they sort of have a Placebo effect :), Haha ive zapped myself too, but mine was round my neck, not much fun at the time. www.sardi.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/173876/Risk_Assessment_of_the_Shark_Shield_Report_-_FINAL_19_06_2012.pdf, Select to expand quotemitchmcm said..Sounds like its a bit hairy over in WA , have to love our 'mostly shark free' waters in VIC. We think that without much trouble the manufacturers could produce a longer belt so that only the Velcro belt and contacts were under the surfboard which would make drag negligible. they get to that stage as they circle they're prey checking it out....I havent dived for a while and I will be very nervous getting in the water this summer even though I own a shark shield but I hope it does I tend to think and hope it does work....heres hoping! Has anyone used these before?

If the bolt is not secure and water enters the unit kiss your $460 goodbye. Nope.

Yesterday i went out with that board as it was darkish, overcast and i felt comfortable with that board.

The other things to consider are the battery life. ?Cheers Mike D.I have not used one, or for that matter even seen one in the flesh but i did research them a little. A few products on the market have had "limited" testing at best on sharks.

So we are looking at initially upgrading the older shark shields with a view to upgrade all. There is a bolt that needs to be removed so the charger can be plugged in. Often i will find myself feeling around looking for a ping, just to reassure myselfThey make you feel a lot more secure in the water. We are just hanging off buying these ones at the moment as we have been informed(whispers) that shark shield is developing a similar 'band' device that doesnt have a trailing tail and we want to see what it will be like(if the whispers are true that they are bringing one out). They complained of tingling in the leg after wearing it for any period of time, So they refused to wear them. Yeah I feel your pain, I've had one get tangled up in my BCD somehow while rolling off the boat! Select to expand quotedowls said...katana said..www.surfsafe.net.auIts here in Australia Designed by surfers for surfers with protection and performance Currently being used all over WA , SA, , Reunion Island New Zealand and installers coming on board up and down the eastcoast as we speak Happy to answer any question with a little more accuracy than I f....n hope so!!!! So they definitly do work in some situations. "No Shark" will soon be available in Australia.I understand the ESDS has had warantee issues?It seems the most proative solution to isolated surfing locations.I laughed at the FAQ on the web site "Will it stop shark attack" I ****n hope so.Interested to hear from owners if they have had problems with the units or / and especially if they've had shark encounters?

Mvo2 Svo2, Jupiter Algarve Hotel, Town Of Milton Human Resources, Ipl 2014 Eliminator Scorecard, Ohio Small Business Grants Covid, Whitsunday Islands, Snowman Rhymes, Ormond Beach Shark Sightings, Six Leaf Clover Black Clover, Ffxiv Leveling Guide, Glassdoor Mill Valley, Nsu Ribbon Placement Female, La Ultra Strain Glo, Xena Simpsons, 101 Dalmatians Disney, Unctuous Food, Here Comes Peter Cottontail Ukulele, Salk Institute, Positivelypaula Tv, Baking And Pastry, Best Kitchen Scales 2020, The Pcos Plan Book Pdf, Accion Loans Review, Shark Attacks St Pete Beach Fl, Strategic Awareness Interview Questions, Are Galapagos Sharks Aggressive, Nigella Vegetarian Recipes, Rudolf Caracciola Death, Georgia Power Billmatrix Number, Black Owned Businesses Directory, Shamrock Delivery Denver, Fraser Island Shipwreck Maphurricane Dirt Bike Winners Take All, Martin Starr Height, Irs Form 8283, Pickering Town Centre Hours, 2k Resistor Color Code, David Austin Roses Reviews, Tepui Toucanet, Ayúdame Por Favor In English, Piero's Portrait Of The Duke And Duchess Of Urbino Meaning, Dundas Peak Waterfall, John Isner House, City Of Perth Intramaps, Rottnest Channel Swim Rules, Black Owned Businesses In Jupiter Florida, Phoenix Constellation Location, Ningaloo Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Centre, Business Analyst Book, Khan Arpad,