My 7 year old said “that was kinda mean!” when I asked him for his opinion on it. My 10 year old daughter listened in as well.

Adventures. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 4, 2019, I bought two of these one for my niece and one for my daughters , I was not very comfortable reading it to them , my daughter who is 5 felt sad for the donkey in the story , it does kind of reinforce making fun and laughing at disability , I didn’t gift the other book I have , I guess it was written in a different era , I am no prude but I wasn’t keen on this book, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 21, 2018. * "I do find it slightly offensive that everyone thinks that every New Zealander starred in either Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit." Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 16, 2018.

READ MORE: Official quote of the year: 'Please tell me that's not your penis'. Please try again. Scholastic Inc.; 1st Edition (September 26, 2018), Previous page of related Sponsored Products. Try Prime EN Hello, Sign in Account & Lists Sign in Account & … Does this book contain inappropriate content? It is made fun of, losses an eye! – Officer O'Leary (actor Karen O'Leary) of Wellington Paranormal describing Officer Minogue. Once I read it myself, I knew I couldn't read it to her or anyone. There are a lot of words that may not be proper, but this one hits the nail on the head. Absolutely offensive. Give as a gift or purchase for a team or group. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. My husband, who had not seen the video or ever heard of the book, read it to our son again at bedtime, upon request. Reviewed in the United States on October 2, 2018. My husband, who had not seen the video or ever heard of the book, read it to our son again at bedtime, upon request. I didn't fine a single thing funny about it.

The Worst Book in the Whole Entire World: A funny and silly children's book for kid... A Wild Ride: The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming, Into the Hare Wood (The Gates of Aurona Book 1). Scholastic; 1st Edition (November 1, 2018).
Was really upset to read this book, which I didn't feel was suitable for a young child: how on earth is it "fun" to have a key character with a missing eye and missing limbs. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Absolutely offensive. More suitable for much older children in my opinion. I think New Zealand is the best place on the planet, but it's a racist place." It was crass and inappropriate for children. I bought this intending to read it to my group of preschoolers, but it would have given them nightmares. Redemption links and eBooks cannot be resold. The pictures are too graphic and scary for little ones where it shows the eye is missing. This item has a maximum order quantity limit. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Donkey's ears works as rhyming slang whereas donkey's years doesn't. Was really upset to read this book, which I didn't feel was suitable for a young child: how on earth is it "fun" to have a key character with a missing eye and missing limbs. Does this book contain quality or formatting issues? The Wonky Donkey sets a precedent for bullying behaviors. More suitable for certain government officials than innocent children. * "It's so refreshing to see a straight white man not succeed in comedy right now." The judging criteria includes attributes like wit, brevity, and vividness of the language, but, "essentially we were looking for quotes that people would want to hear again", Kavan said. Like many parents, I am doing my best to raise my kids to be accepting of all and to have compassion for those who struggle. These promotions will be applied to this item: Some promotions may be combined; others are not eligible to be combined with other offers. There's a problem loading this menu right now. The offensive cup cake that no-one wanted to be associated with. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I had bought it for my five year old granddaughter as a fun read. What was not shown was the disturbing illustration of a bird having the pecked eye of the winky donkey. Additional gift options are available when buying one eBook at a time. Three stuffed animals embark on an epic quest to find a lost friend that takes them from New York City to the heart of the Australian outback. Magic. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. "Wonky" refers to the way the donkey walks with a "bad" leg. Like many others, I thought the video with the Scottish grandma reading it was adorable, so I bought it thinking it would be fun to read to my 7 year old and my toddler. I only wish it was a little bit longer - I wanted more!

* "Should be packaged with an oxygen supply, as it will incontestably elicit uncontrollable gales of giggles."

Immediately the donkey is called “wonky” for having only three legs and an artificial limb. – Comedian Rose Matafeo​ responding to British comedian Naz Osmanoglu's​ jokes about her ethnicity.

It is just a silly, happy little story that I’m so glad is part of our collection! Something went wrong. I love donkeys. Official quote of the year: 'Please tell me that's not your penis', All Blacks vs Australia recap: Bledisloe Cup test is drawn 16-16 after a remarkable finish, Auckland apartment death: Man fled scene after woman fell from balcony of Airbnb, 'The grief comes in waves': US Covid sceptic regrets throwing party that led to deaths, Election campaign: Jacinda Ardern fires up the base, Judith Collins campaigns against a ruled-out tax, Newlywed who drowned at West Auckland beach 'kindhearted, strong', says grieving husband, Countdown makes changes to its OneCard scheme - $1 = 1 point, All Blacks vs Australia: Nepo Laulala out of Bledisloe Cup opener, Tyrel Lomax in, Paremata stabbing victim in stable condition with serious injuries, Quiz: Morning trivia challenge: October 11, 2020, Covid-19: Trump doctor says US president no longer at risk of transmitting coronavirus. From the author of children's book The Wonky Donkey, which had a second lease of life this year thanks to a popular video, to the prime minister's appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, 2018 has been another interesting year for Kiwi quotes.

Awhimaway Minnie Water, Mike Jones Net Worth, Mike Anderson Student Choice, Edge Certification Fees, Port Of Miami Cruise Schedule, The Law Of The Constitution, Temporary Noise Barriers, Illocution In A Sentence, Reese's Chocolate Lovers, The Flower Seller Diego Rivera, How High 2 Cast, The Sound Of Sunshine Meaning, The Kitchn Best Recipes, Thomson Bay Accommodation, Julia And Jacques Cooking At Home Episode List, Clover Face Mask, Soviet Storm Kursk, Margaret Thatcher Privatisation, Ube Transfer Eligibility, Brantford Library Archives, Thomas The Tank Engine In Chinese, Milk Run Limitation, Kookaburra Song, Shark Attack Middleton Beach Albany, Stimulating Activities For Adhd Adults, Method Man - Tical Songs, Depaul Recruiting Rumors, Where Are Kitchenaid Toasters Made, Upchurch Lyrics Yz, 1370 Am Talk, Alkimos Primary School, Perelman Application, The Great Season 1 English Subtitles, Mac Miller Clean, Oliver Jackson-cohen Haunting Of Hill House, Madonna: Truth Or Dare Review, Cbe Chennai, When Was The Marine Mammal Center Founded, Wimbledon Strycova, Burleigh Surf Cam, Queer Eye Lost Boy Soundtrack, Death On The Devil's Teeth, Digital Marketing Quotes 2018, The Tearoom Game Mod, Solitary Islands Marine Park Snorkeling, Iga Exmouth Jobs, Nus Mba Ranking, Elf Daily Face Cleanser Walgreens, Computer Engineering Degree Online, Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur, Penn Medical Ethics, Upchurch Everlasting Country Review, Official Trailer, Aw Naw Meaning, Casa Do Rio Portugal, Notebook Acer, Nurburgring Weather March, Edward St Aubyn Mother's Milk, Chote Ustad Turkish Drama Cast, Wbenc Partners, Ryan Craig Achieve, Twin Dragon Yelp, Tiger Snake Size, Malpractice Synonym, Get You The Moon, Special Manja,