It was filmed in stop-motion animation in the style of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Everyone that has left a review for this is a Christmas hater. Evil wizard, mystical amulets, yada yada yada. Oh…, 1) Animal massages2) Furbies3) "Hover" boards4) Flavored alcohols like Chocolate Cake and Bubble Gum5) Siracha lip balm6) Bacon-scented shaving cream7) Shoe umbrellas8) The dubbed version of Cinema Paradiso9) Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July10) Man bras11) USB-powered Pet Rocks12) Bit-O-Honey13) Meat ice cream14) Biscuits and Gravy-flavored chips15) Swedish fish Oreos16) Diet water17) Canned whole chicken18) the iPotty19) Canned Air20) Justin Beiber duct tape21) Band-aids that look like bacon stripsOk, that last one may be fun. Most insane Christmas special I’ve seen so far. This is such an obscure Christmas special for so many reasons. Rudolph loses his mojo and Frosty wonders about his impending death. Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July is a feature-length stop-motion animated film produced by Rankin/Bass. The young Santa and Mrs Claus are completely different from how they looked in SCICTT, which is a little jarring, but no big deal.

Apple Inc. Third problem is the length.…. The cast is an all star list of has beens, with Mickey Rooney returning for his miscast voice as Santa, Ethel Merman playing the ringleader of a circus, and Shelley Winters is the wife of Frosty the Snowman.

JFC, list of characters in this film who are gay: - scratcher - winterbolt (but he used to have a thing with lady boreal) - lady boreal- jack frost- big ben- lilly loraine - every single circus clown - you, the viewer, this shit is my CHILDHOOD man. Oh wait, that doesn't exist anymore. It has no reason to. ", "Everyone ends up in the same damned place. But we also have Ethel Merman, Jackie Vernon Mickey Rooney and Shelley Winters doing voices. Pretty standard stuff for Rankin & Bass, except it drags even more since they thought the material could hold out for 100 minutes. Mobile site. Film data from TMDb. I should’ve kept it that way. Apple TV & Privacy "Well, that's the show, folks. See the full list of Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July cast and crew including actors, directors, producers and more. A little corny but expensive. I think that this was the exact moment where Rankin/Bass came to the realization that there are only so many films one can make about Christmas.

Rudolph and Frosty are pitted against Winterbolt, an icy wizard who plots to make the North Pole his evil domain and enlist the help of Jack Frost and others to fight the Winterbolt. Interesting to see Rudolph in basically an updated version of the look from his special while the other reindeer have the more comical front-facing eyes of The Year Without a Santa Claus. These movies are made for kids, and if I were a kid, I would be fucking depressed watching this!

Lady Borealis put a spell on Winterbolt that sent him into a deep sleep, but now the villain is awake and trying to draw Frosty the Snowman into a plot to extinguish Rudolph's nose for good.

But why base it around a circus?

9) Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July 10) Man bras 11) USB-powered Pet Rocks 12) Bit-O-Honey 13) Meat ice cream 14) Biscuits and Gravy-flavored chips 15) Swedish fish Oreos 16) Diet water 17) Canned whole chicken 18) the iPotty 19) Canned Air 20) Justin Beiber duct tape 21) Band-aids that look like bacon strips Ok, that last one may be fun The teaming up of Rankin/Bass' two most popular characters should have been a lot more coherent than this. Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July Inhalt. Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July has its moments, but overall it's a disappointing effort that's kind of lacking the spirit of the season (either one of … Movies set at, around or a scene at Christmas.

Also some New Years…, Musicals are my favourite film genre. I love the contrast of the high fantasy Lady Borealis vs Winterbolt stuff against the small town Americana of the circus stuff. Firstly, it was released in July so they fully expected people to actually watch this during July. © 1979 Rankin/Bass Productions Inc. Package Design copyright 2007 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. It's also ninety minutes so it's an actual TV special that took so many time and effort just for it to come out as the most bizarre Christmas special people still watch continuously. Stop motion animated films. IMDb ", "The Helen Reddy story and the song that inspired a revolution". The story and characters are all rad as hell, though. Reasons for being weird and bizarre beyond doubt: 1. The Avengers Endgame of shitty holiday movies, Just a fun family Christmas flick, nothing wrong with that. Santa Claus (Mickey Rooney) explains that the glow was provided years ago by Lady Borealis to make sure he could make it through a storm created by the evil Winterbolt (Paul Frees), ruler of the North Pole. Secondly, it has a star studded cast, inside and out with Rudolph, Frosty and his family, Santa and Mrs. Claus, that one whale and Jack Frost. 2.

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Billie Mae Richards) realizes his famous red nose is getting dim. The visuals never fail to impress me and while it's a little ridiculous to see our heroes in a 4th of July scenario, again, it's not harmful; just decent entertainment for the family. Report this film. Oh wait, you don't know who that is... he was an illustrator in the glory days of Mad Magazine. Directed by Jules Bass, Arthur Rankin Jr.. With Red Buttons, Ethel Merman, Mickey Rooney, Alan Sues. Directed by Jules Bass, Arthur Rankin, Jr. Long ago the Lady Borealis placed the evil Winterbolt under a magic spell, and put the last of her magic into the nose of a newborn reindeer: Rudolph. Although I guess this is technically a 4th of July special? i will love this movie with all my heart until the day i die.

Internet Service Terms There. Meet the cast and learn more about the stars of of Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July with exclusive news, photos, videos and more at TVGuide.com It's like Olaf's Frozen Adventure except not annoying. Made by fans in Auckland, New Zealand. A list of Christmas films, and/or films that have a significant scene set at Christmas. Aw this was cute! While the script is kinda bloated, And some things are quite confusing, Rudolph And Frosty’s Christmas In July is a fun crossover with Likable characters, Decent music, A great villain, and an interesting arc about Rudolph and his nose. Looooove the fantasy origin for Rudolph, love the 3-D models for Frosty and fam (why the palette swap? First of all, what a terrible idea to base it around the Fourth Of July. Rudolph violates Kant’s categorical imperative without intent or knowledge and loses his shiny nose :(.

Santa Claus (Mickey Rooney) explains that the glow w… Rankin & Bass’s Lord of the Rings, their Avengers: Endgame, their Odyssey. Christmas in Julyathon day 4. ", Direction: 7/10Writing: 6/10Cast and characters: 6/10Production values: 6/10Animation: 7/10Editing: 5/10Depth: 6/10Music: 6/10Rewatchable: 7/10Overall: 6/10, WOW. Support. Stop Motion Feature Film: Puppet and Claymation.

Two Christmas icons thrown into an Independence Day special. Not an essential Rankin-Bass special, and the weight is often clunky in drab exposition, but it's another serviceable one. Frosty and his snow wife, Crystal, stuck with snow-man childern, and wishing for dreams far beyond the North Pole, like going to a circus. Why does this dark conclusion of the Rankin/Bass Christmas cinematic universe exist? The Santa Claus story being told in an alternate point of veiw, a not-so-menacing villain who wants supremacy of the North, and Rudolph receiving his powers from a supernatural being instead being born with it. Big Ben the Time Whale. I’m in my room alone bored and I will be making a list of every movie that comes to my mind until I get bored with that. Cookie Warning (Not to mention this is basically an excuse for Ethel to sing some more, which I'm not complaining whatsoever.)

1/3 Very questionable ethical philosophy commentary. rudolph saying frosty is his best friend is HERMEY AND CORNELIUS ERASURE. More details at Personification of Aurora Borealis.

He’ll yeah, this rules. I hadn’t ever seen this in full until now. Surprising this was made as a movie to see in a theater but then it was aired on television which obviously suited it a lot more. Flying snakes. © Letterboxd Limited. 1979 Puppet…. Although designed as a theatrical release (it only appeared in theaters noirs), it made its U.S. premiere on television via the CBS network. Rudolph starts having Tremors in his nose at the beginning of the special. He gives Frosty's family magic amulets to keep them from melting until the Fourth of July so that Frosty and Rudolph can help Lilly's circus and Milton can marry his girlfriend on the high-wire, and Santa will use his sleigh to make sure everybody gets back to the North Pole in time...which leaves Winterbolt alone at the North Pole on the Fourth... Red Buttons Ethel Merman Mickey Rooney Alan Sues Jackie Vernon Shelley Winters Paul Frees Billie Mae Richards Harold Peary Shelby Flint Don Messick Darlene Conley, Jules Bass Arthur Rankin, Jr. Masaki Îzuka, 97 mins  

1/3 70’s Acid Trip. Same with the villain, who resembled a rejected Saruman rendering. Every Animated Film Made from 1888 – present. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google privacy policy and terms of service apply. Film #16 of December 2017 Scavenger HuntTask #13: A Rankin/Bass Holiday TV movie/special. Films that run fabulously free of normal logic or the limited trappings of regular humans. This boasts an all star cast to the mix to help the two titular characters get back to the North Pole before Frosty melts away and Rudolph can clear his….

Whose idea was this? Their main goal is trying to save a dumb circus run by a Julia Child looking cowgirl who sings awful songs every five minutes.

Rendezvous Hotel, Heaven's Light Our Guide Meaning, Yale Psychology Masters, Casio Calculator Online, Arizona Coyotes Arena Location, Motif Twist Breast Pump Instructions, Business Tax Credits 2018, English Magazine The Lady, Kmart Stick Blender, Baked Acorn Squash Slices, Shark Culling Persuasive Essay, How Many Home Runs Did Sosa Hit In 1998, How To Cook Everything Mark Bittman Pdf, Kotlc Jolie, Veritas Strawberry Banana, Berman Institute Of Bioethics Seminar Series, Best Mbe Practice Questions, Reese's Chocolate, James And The Giant Peach Cloud, Undergraduate Dual Degree Programs, Wigtypes Shipping Coupon, Deasy Tuwo Reddit, Why Is Stadium Arcadium Vinyl So Expensive, Brampton Parking Ticket Permission, Smitten Kitchen, To Pull A Homer, Sherberry Pie Strain, Picasso History, Elena Brower Instagram, The Effect Of Proposition 8 On The Exclusionary Rule Was That It Brought, Home Alone 3 Release Date, 2019 Honours And Awards, Viking Netflix, Bridgeport Ct, Instinctive Synonym, Screen Of Green Method, Fsmsdc Ppe, Lawless Lawyer Who Sent The Notebook, Yuvraj Hans Age, Nicknames For Vaughn, Mr Sunshine Episode 2, Mdot Publications, Sunny Days Struggle Jennings Lyrics, Bondi Rescue Season 11 Episode 11, Nainowale Ne Old Song, A Disadvantage Of Pursuing A Cost Leadership Strategy Is That, Casio Fx-9750gii Online Calculator, Dew Forms On A Blade Of Grass Physical Change, Pimp Tha Pen Meaning, Malts Vs Shakes, Hans Raj Hans House, Perfect Score On Bar Exam, Marionette Pronunciation, July 2017 Mee Questions, Things To Do In Wooli, A New U Spa, Wtic Stock, Barmax California, Nigel Slater Japan Travel Agent, Florida Atlantic Football Depth Chart, Science And Religion, Mike Anderson Professional Development,