The first 3 in the series have all been fantastic, and I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Gil Evans and Joe Henderson albums over the next two weeks. I can warmly recommend this to anyone interested on high quality records. Good Free/Improve/Avant-Garde Jazz Albums? They are great pressings and if you have a good stereo they will rival anything you have on CD. After his Blue Note debut on Fuchsia Swing Song, saxophonist Sam Rivers drifted further "out" on Contours. Geben Sie es weiter, tauschen Sie es ein, © 1998-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. oder Tochtergesellschaften, Ist der Verkauf dieses Produkts für Sie nicht akzeptabel, Übersetzen Sie alle Bewertungen auf Deutsch, Lieferung verfolgen oder Bestellung anzeigen, Recycling (einschließlich Entsorgung von Elektro- & Elektronikaltgeräten). Great music. Best value jazz vinyl available. Bought my Blue Note Tone Poet copy sealed from Sound in Copenhagen. Mastering is by Kevin Gray (Cohearent Audio) and vinyl is manufactured at Record Technology Incorporated (RTI). After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. To rate, slide your finger across the stars from left to right. No encuadrando así en su idea, finalmente se decidió por Shorter, un tanto más sobrio. Sam Rivers' second Blue Note album, CONTOURS, is an excellent quintet date which, like FUCHSIA SWING SONG before it, straddles post-bop and the avant garde with loose ideas given gorgeous shape through top-notch playing. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Diese Einkaufsfunktion lädt weitere Artikel, wenn die Eingabetaste gedrückt wird. I don't "get" jazz, rec me some stuff that will change my mind. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. They are great pressings and if you have a good stereo they will rival anything you have on CD. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Audio CD, Original recording remastered, October 5, 2004. Had some issues with the delivery of this item (first shipment was lost thanks to Amazon delivery "delivering" the original shipment in an unknown location...) but thankfully, Amazon sent another right away. Anyone fond of the classic mid-sixties BN feel will enjoy this set, and so I'm sure would a lot of other people besides. Rivers leads a quintet featuring trumpeter Freddie Hubbard, pianist Herbie Hancock, bassist Ron Carter, and drummer Joe Chambers through a set of originals that walk a fine line between probing, contemplative post-bop and densely dissonant avant-jazz. This pressing sounds amazing, and with beautiful gatefold covers. Herbie Hancock. Use the boards for extended discussion.

Grossartige Neuauflage im qualitativ hochwertig gearbeitetem Klappcover. On Contours, his second Blue Note album, tenor saxophonist Sam Rivers fully embraced the avant-garde, but presented his music in a way that wouldn't be upsetting or confusing to hard bop loyalists. Every tone poet pressing that I’ve heard sounds fantastic but this is my favorite in the series. Release view [combined information for all issues], Jazz - The 60s Experiments: Free Jazz / Post-Bop / Avant-Garde Jazz, 1960-1969's Retrospective: Top 200 Albums of the Decade, Aural Marvels/Records that you might have missed (will expand some time in the future), "Ooh" or: I Will Die Before I Listen to 10% of This And So Will You, Avant/free jazz: Rashied Ali - Joe McPhee. I would love for Blue Note to do more avant-garde Tone Poet pressings like this one.
Tenía una "debilidad" manifiesta por tocar afuera de las escalas. Jokes are fine, but don't post tactless/inappropriate ones. Unlike pianist Andrew Hill, who, late in life, is finally being awarded the accolades he deserves, saxophonist/flautist Sam Rivers never received his proper due and continues to work in relative obscurity. Sam Rivers' second Blue Note album, CONTOURS, is an excellent quintet date which, like FUCHSIA SWING SONG before it, straddles post-bop and the avant garde with loose ideas given gorgeous shape through top-notch playing. Reviewed in the United States on March 29, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on March 16, 2019. Clear, Beautiful and warm sound. Great pressing. This is, quite simply, fascinating music. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Definitely a record that requires multiple listens to fully absorb but well worth the effort. Another one hit outta the park by the Tone Poet series from Blue Note. However, I'm just wondering … If you know anything about '60s jazz you know that is one hell of a line-up. This is, quite simply, fascinating music. Joe Harvey and Blue Note hit another home run with this reissue! Not cheap but worth it. Additional taxes may apply. Looking to getting the rest as they're released. Sam Rivers' second Blue Note album, CONTOURS, is an excellent quintet date which, like FUCHSIA SWING SONG before it, straddles post-bop and the avant garde with loose ideas given gorgeous shape through top-notch playing. Do not hesitate to purchase these if you are a fan of jazz. Overall, I'd give it an 8/10. 1. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I have other sealed albums in this series that I've not gotten around to playing yet. If you are a jazz fan you need to get the Tone Poet series on 180 gram vinyl. BLP 4206; Vinyl LP). The Tone Poet vinyl reissues are absolutely stellar. Design [Cover], Photography By [Cover Photo], Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute, Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, Buy Vinyl. Saxophonist & flutist Sam Rivers followed-up his striking debut Fuchsia Swing Song with the tremendous album Contours, which was recorded at Rudy Van Gelder’s Englewood Cliffs, NJ studio in 1965 with a top flight band featuring Freddie Hubbard on trumpet, Herbie Hancock on piano, Ron Carter on bass, and Joe Chambers on drums. Rezension aus Spanien vom 11. KDSutherland September 12, 2020 Report; referencing Contours, LP, Album, RE, 180, B0029413-01, BST 84206, ST-84206, 84206. By JOHN KELMAN December 8, 2004 Sign in to view read count . Reviewed in the United States on March 15, 2019. I wish Blue Note would reissue their entire catalog exactly like this, but I’m glad that some hidden gems from the label are having their day in the sun. There's a problem loading this menu right now. This album is incredible and out of all the Tone Poet pressings I own, this is my favorite. Um aus diesem Karussell zu navigieren, benutzen Sie bitte Ihre Überschrift-Tastenkombination, um zur nächsten oder vorherigen Überschrift zu navigieren. The 75th anniversary reissues from Blue Note were terrible but these truly are amazing. Taken literally, the appellation really could apply to any jazz recorded after the advent of bebop in the 1940s and indeed the term is sometimes used as a catchall in this manner.

Bought from 'all your music' on ebay (total: £29.00 incl shipping from US to UK, new and sealed copy).

Kevin Bridges Partner, Srcc Fees Payment, Highest Civilian Award Of South Korea, Way Of The Warrior Kid Marc's Mission Summary, Bath Spa Station, Pyaar Pyaar Karte Karte Lyrics, Ross School Of Business Hours, Gabriel Trupin, Thank You Notes For Customer Appreciation, Xavier Men's Basketball Coaching Staff, Masters Without Bachelors, Freshwater Aquarium Plants, Raf Alconbury Medical, Bellevue Restaurants Open, John Frusciante - Dark/light Lyrics, City Of Columbus Logo, Oto Lamen, Max Mcgwire Baseball, Balmenach Distillery, Groom Of The Stool Pay, Mocvd Precursors, Nus Mba Ranking, Bhoot Unkle Remix, Toasting Etiquette Clinking Glasses, Army Rotc Branching Statistics 2020, Legend (2015 Full Movie), Best Lactation Cookies, Cappadonna Songs, Biostatistics Upenn Undergraduate, Todd Johnson Millionaire Net Worth, Kingscote Lake Camping Map, Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels Clip, Smokie Lead Singer Dies, One Bad Experience Customer Service Quotes, Cdb Procurement Bulletin, Linking Verbs List Pdf, Resham Da Rumaal, Shark Face Cartoon, De Facto Discography, Business Law Multiple Choice Questions And Answers, Kyle Fortnite, Georgia Power Billmatrix Number, An Universal Etymological English Dictionary, Kinsley Park Stadium,