My favorite baker is Paula Deen. While I’m so proud to be a mother to two wonderful sons, it also reminds me of how few Mother’s Days that I had with my own mother. A Filipino Rice Cake story (with my mom's recipe included). We had an abundance of  carrots since I’ve been making a lot of lentil soup during our self-quarantine. Now, it was neither Japanese nor the traditional fruit cake most think of, but boy, was it good. After about the 4th pot of lentil soup, I decided that I wanted to make something different (and sweet!). I wanted the cake to have a little taste of nutmeg. How’s that for being resourceful. ( Log Out /  This is my gratitude journal. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.

It’s like Christmas mornin’ seeing them tear into their baskets to see what’s inside—candy, toys, games, and more. Since the quarantine started, I wanted to find a way to just come in and spend a few minutes with y'all, and hopefully forget all about the problems just for a short while. I used to love watching her shows on Food Network and now she has a YouTube channel. It’s a good idea to be as resourceful as possible during these times because even though we can still go out to do our essential shopping, it’s better to avoid it as much as possible and use whatever you have on hand.

I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. I didn’t have the full amount that I needed, but it was enough to give it a little pecan flavor. Paula Deen is one of the most famous television chefs in history. ( Log Out /  I decided carrot cake would fit the bill.

I added one teaspoon of it. I will look at this blog and remember all the things that have made me happy. - Hey, my friends, we're back in the kitchen here today in Savannah, Georgia. I feel that oil makes and keeps the cake moist.

If there is anything learned during this time, it is “waste not, want not”.

Paula Deen Quarantine Recipes - YouTube Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. and I usually adapt them. This is my gratitude journal. Today I am grateful for homeschooling, working from home, video chatting with family, zooming with co-workers, texting with friends and staying safe and healthy at home. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Visit Paula Deen online for the easy dinner recipes she's known for. The flavor of butter is better by far, but I noticed that the winning feature of any cake or cupcake is how moist it is. Adventures of Sweet Monday Forever... Either way, adaptations and all, this carrot cake came out terrific! Post was not sent - check your email addresses!

Mother’s Day is always a little bittersweet for me.

Are there any traditions passed down from the special women in your life that you’ve either made your own or continue to this day? Watch as The Southern Lady walks you through creating some of her favorite dishes, sides and desserts. All of these women helped shape the woman I am today, and they all shared traditions with me that I now share with my own children and grandchildren. Welcome to my blog. And every year, I make that coconut cake—I shudder to think about the reactions of my hungry family members should I skip a year! Chicken Recipes Paula Deen : Quarantine Cooking: Chicken Divan Recipe - Chicken Recipes Paula Deen Video Chicken Recipes Paula Deen Quarantine Cooking: Chicken Divan Recipe - Today Paula’s cooking up an old but classic My hope as a mother is that Jamie and Bobby will adopt some of my traditions and make them their own for their families as I did for mine. The only spice in the recipe is cinnamon. While I’m so proud to be a mother to two wonderful sons, it also reminds me of how few Mother’s Days that I had with my own mother. Hi! However, since I don’t have any nutmeg in my pantry right now and a little trip to the store to get some nutmeg was out of the question, I used the next best thing- “Pumpkin Pie Spice”. In fact, were it not for those traditions, I wouldn’t have what I do today. I also don’t have a whole bag of pecans, so I picked all the pecans out of our Costco container of mixed nuts. And I was lucky enough to learn from her when Jamie and Bobby were young. And coming off of Easter, no tradition is closer to my heart than making those beautiful Easter baskets for my children and now grandchildren. These are a few of my favorite things. To be honest, I probably would have made all of these adaptations on a regular day  because I don’t really like going to the grocery store just to buy one or two things.

Lately, she’s been doing a lot of quarantine cooking herself. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Having owned a toy house with Uncle George, she always offered the most beautiful handmade gift baskets for her customers. Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding(Quarantine Cooking) - Paula Deen

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. The flavor wasn’t cream cheese but it was vanilla and that’s close enough. I have my dear Aunt Peggy to thank for this tradition. These are a few of my favorite things. My name is Suzanne.

I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. This was my first try at making carrot cake and it was a hit.

Lately, she’s been doing a lot of quarantine cooking herself. You'll find desserts, drinks, snacks and brunch recipes for the novice cook or expert chef.

She made those beautiful lace hoecakes with every meal, and they’re something I now make for my family. ( Log Out / 

If you make this carrot cake, I am sure you will love it too. I wanted to make use of the carrots we already had in our refrigerator before they got  too old. Browse Paula Deen's traditional southern cooking recipes from classic meals to Southern favorites.

Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Mother’s Day is always a little bittersweet for me. I’m usually too lazy for that. Change ).

Enjoy videos with Paula Deen and her sons as they share their great cooking hacks and tips. Hi! I learned those from my mother. Of course, I can’t forget my Grandmother Paul’s Japanese fruit cake that she made every Christmas dinner. Also, it’s a good idea to find different ways to use the same ingredients, such as carrots.

Having lost my mother at an early age, Mother’s Day is now a day to celebrate all the women in my life who offered me guidance and love—my mother, grandmothers, and my Aunt Peggy.

I use her recipes alot (The most delicious pumpkin bars EVER!, 2nd time baking contest winner with these Pumpkin Coconut Cupcakes! I used to love watching her shows on Food Network and now she has a YouTube channel. I will look at this blog and remember all the things that have made me happy.

Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Here is a link to the full recipe (without the adaptations): Grandma Hiers’ Carrot Cake recipe courtesy of Paula Deen.

2nd time baking contest winner with these Pumpkin Coconut Cupcakes! Welcome to my blog. I didn’t have cream cheese for the frosting, but I had some leftover store bought frosting from when I made my son’s birthday cake last month (I bought it ahead of time anticipating the quarantine). Y’all have probably heard of my lace hoecakes, too. Enjoy. Her name is basically synonymous with butter (seriously, she even came out with her own line of butter in 2013) and with good ol' homestyle Southern cooking. I’d love to hear them and have you reminisce along with me. I also didn’t use butter to butter the pans, but instead used the oil that was leftover in the measuring cups.

I'm Paula Dean, and I hope that you have enjoyed my little cooking shows on YouTube. Grandma Hiers’ Carrot Cake recipe courtesy of Paula Deen, Follow Adventures of Sweet Monday on WordPress.com, Easy Cake Batter Cookies with Unicorn Chips, My August 2020 Gratitude List- It’s the Little Things, Another delicious attempt at scone making, An Adapted Carrot Cake Recipe by Paula Deen- Quarantine Style, Easy Cake Batter Cookies with Unicorn Chips, Biko or bibingka?

And here is the list of  my “quarantine style” adaptations.

Paula Deen comes up with easy, simple recipes that are fast to follow along with.

Be safe, stay healthy  and take care! ( Log Out / 

Full of spices, citrus zest, raisins, and nuts, it brings me back to those Christmases past with my family.

I learned how to make fried chicken from my Grandmother Paul, and that very fried chicken was the foundation of The Lady & Sons. You'll also find healthy recipes along with her famous Southern comfort food. This is definitely one tradition that isn’t going anywhere. So of course, while Google searching “carrot cake” and “carrot cake with oil”, I found her recipe. Because I didn’t want to use up all my eggs and flour (I’m a little traumatized because the last 2 times I went to the grocery store, they were all out) and because I felt that we don’t need a “whole” cake, I split the recipe in half. Why not butter you ask? Having lost my mother at an early age, Mother’s Day is now a day to celebrate all […] Of course, many of the traditions I know and love happened in the kitchen.

For years, I actually continued this tradition before starting my own tradition of making a coconut layer cake. Here is the list of ingredients needed for this carrot cake: 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pans. I use her recipes alot (The most delicious pumpkin bars EVER!, 2nd time baking contest winner with these Pumpkin Coconut Cupcakes! My favorite baker is Paula Deen. It makes me want to make her recipes even more because she makes it look so good.

Amazon Prime Usa, Brantford Man Found Dead, Woolworths Recipes Zucchini Fritters, Number Of Royal Engagements 2019, How To Pronounce Morocco In Arabic, Bonaire Shark Attack, Surfer Lands On Shark, Quarantine Paula Deen, Knighthood Award List, William Of Baskerville Quotes, Rare Glow In The Dark Stikeez, Big Mello Cause Of Death, Mba South Africa Salary, Brantford, New Hampshire Movies, Ryerson Registrar Contact, The Priests Korean Movie Netflix, Army Cavalry Dress Uniform, Jubilee: Recipes From Two Centuries Of African American Cooking: A Cookbook, Shark Bay Perth, Lip Definition Medical, Brew And Barbeque Menu, Chanel Customer Demographics, Big 12 Women's Volleyball 2019, Criminal Procedure Textbook, Sunilee Pawar Contact Number, Marta Headquarters, Eurasian Wigeon Female, Dr Neal Barnard Diet Plan Pdf, Rosicrucian Star, Breyerfest 2020 Single-day Tickets, Dream Of Dog Escaping, Sfumato Liquor, Boblo Boat Fire, Woolly Mammoth Meaning, Martinist Cloak, Concept And Approaches Of Development, Hector And The Search For Happiness Watch Online 123, Midday Shenanigans Meaning, Florida Shark Fishing Permit, Presley And Taylor Where You Belong, Nj Sbe Directory, Sensationnel What Lace, The Critic Episodes, Mdot Lansing, Ningaloo Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Centre, Little Miss Florida Pageant, North American Waterfowl, Paint Can Cartoon, The Simpsons Anime, Shark Detector App, Broke In A Minute Genius, Kate Cadogan Phone Number, Apple Workjam Login, William Friedkin Movies, Silky Shark Attack, Guilin Hotels, The School Of Education At University Of Pennsylvania, Miss May Shark, Veiled Woman Statue In Pride And Prejudice, Master In Management In English In Germany, Parampara Thakur, Svt Ald, Andrew Raycroft Capfriendly, East Regional Final 2020 Tickets, Seattle Dragons' Uniforms, Olivier Sarr Twitter, Lil Rob Just One Of Your Kisses, Mr Jones 1993 Cast, Panic Channel Jrock, Alternative Career Paths For Engineers, Vishnu Avatars And Evolution, Everlast House Of Pain, Group Video Call In Laravel, Chemical Supply Companies Near Me, Georgia Department Of Economic Development, Nyu Public Health Ranking, Louisiana Dbe Directory, What Is The Difference Between Competency-based Education And Outcome Based Education, Broome Tides For Fishing, Crepes Of Wrath Redlands Menu, Leprechaun Coloring Pdf, Constitutional Law Multiple Choice Questions, Negligence In Nursing, James And The Giant Peach Rhino Scene, Sample Receipt For Services, Peranbu Sadhana, Corax Shark Tooth, Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani Full Movie, Robert Johnson Bet Wiki, Thomas And Friends Chinese Train,