The sergeant was big with ruddy skin, chubby cheeks, and a mustache that looked like it belonged on a walrus. by James Ponti. “Those aren’t the lyrics. It just bubbled up through me. All he had to do was put on his coat and deerstalker hat. Both were decorated with red, white, and blue banners, as well as signs that advertised STAR-SPANGLED TOURS. “On the water or along the riverside.” He nodded to the jogging-and-bike path that ran along the water. by James Ponti Hardcover $12.59. His nostrils flared as he inhaled and he studied me for a moment before begrudgingly slapping a set of keys down onto the counter. $18.99. Me? “That we will,” Marcus said as he grabbed a pair of dingy orange life vests from a rack and handed them to us. We assist the FBI, the same way Sherlock Holmes helped Scotland Yard; only Sherlock never had to close a case and write a book report on the same night. +Biography.

Get our latest staff recommendations, award news and digital catalog links right to your inbox. I know you call him Frankie because that’s how he signed the drawing you taped to the window over there.

James loves writing, travel, and the Boston Red Sox. Members save with free shipping everyday! Like when we had to interrogate a witness while I was still in my soccer uniform. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. “You okay?” she asked, her voice barely audible over the whine of the engine. Paperback. © 2020 Simon & Schuster, Inc. All rights reserved. “Were you at least on a boat while you were watching it?” “No. 1 Star - I hated it 2 Stars - I didn't like it 3 Stars - It was OK 4 Stars - I liked it 5 Stars - I loved it. “We’re taking the Zodiac.” “The what-iac?” “The Zodiac,” he repeated. James loves writing, travel, and the Boston Red Sox. I was too busy double clutching the safety rope that ran along our seat to do anything about it, so Margaret leaned over and tucked the tie into my life vest. It would be a great read for fans of Chasing Vermeer (Scholastic, 2005). survive at Canterwood Crest Academy. But it wasn’t easy.

After helping the FBI solve an art theft at the National Gallery and uncovering a DC spy ring, Florian’s finding life at Alice Deal Middle School a little boring. Buy the Paperback Book Vanished! My name’s Florian Bates, I’m twelve years old, and along with my best friend, Margaret, I’m a consulting detective for the Bureau’s Special Projects Team. Once we were on board, Marcus untied the boat, maneuvered it out onto the river, and opened the throttle to full speed. He oversees the Special Projects Team and it was a good plan except for one little detail: None of us actually had access to a boat. You can stay right here and I’ll have someone give you a ride home. “I’m pretty sure we’re not going to run into any icebergs.” “I’m not worried about sinking,” I explained. As in Framed! “It’s actually kind of comfy.” “Too bad it’s not ours.” Marcus chuckled.

We were in every way a team. Please see your welcome email for exclusions and details. Jordan isn’t unhappy, but she’s definitely bored.

“You know, this isn’t so bad,” I said as I plopped down on a thickly padded seat. His FBI handler, Marcus, has a job for him!

“That’s because we’re trying to keep it contained to the FBI and Secret Service,” answered Marcus.

A kidnapping?

Florian Bates—the only kid on the FBI Director's speed dial and several international criminals' most wanted lists—must uncover the truth behind a series of middle school pranks that may or may not involve the daughter of the President of the United States in this hilarious second novel in the T.O.A.S.T.

with Holmes-style connecting of dots along the way is just as satisfying. 11-13), ©1997-2020 Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Inc. 122 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10011. Please make sure to choose a rating. Click or Press Enter to view the items in your shopping bag or Press Tab to interact with the Shopping bag tooltip. With elements of Alex Rider, James Bond, and Sherlock Holmes stories, this is likely to be popular with mystery and action/adventure fans.” —School Library Journal Doing both at the same time—well that’s just crazy.

So have a nice day.” Despite my dread of seasickness, I knew we needed the boat, so I tried to help out.

The following ISBNs are associated with this title: Sign up to get exclusive offers, the best in books & more.Plus, enjoy 10% off your next online purchase over $50.†. After receiving a degree in screenwriting from the USC Film School, he began a career writing and producing television shows for the likes of Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, PBS, Spike TV, History Channel, and Golf Channel. Raised in Atlantic Beach, Florida, James attended the University of Southern California, eventually graduating with a degree in screenwriting from USC Film School. “What does ‘not exactly comfortable’ mean?” “They terrify me,” I admitted. .

That meant we had to borrow one.

. The boat slowed down and I opened my eyes to see the Francis Scott Key Bridge come into view. $8.99. Vanished! Framed! Please see your welcome email for exclusions and details. series stars the only kid on the FBI Director’s speed dial and several international criminals’ most wanted lists!Middle school is hard. Florian has enough flaws to be likable, though several minor characters are broad stereotypes. International espionage?

“It’s the boat tied to the back of this one.” “You know,” Margaret added as she pulled me back up by my life jacket and turned me toward a small inflatable tied to MPDC-4.

This book will grab readers from the first page with its witty characters and non-stop action. One was named the General Washington and the other the President Jefferson.

Margaret and I waited outside the harbormaster’s office while he went in to see if he could get the duty sergeant to help us out. But I don’t think they’ll be checking the river traffic, and if you’re right, that’s where we need to be.” I gulped, realizing my theory had set this little adventure into motion, and wrestled my way into the life vest. You don’t want to involve the local police. (In case you’re wondering, “Que la Force soit avec toi” is how you say “May the Force be with you” in French.) James Ponti was born in Pisa, Italy. “Besides, if any one of us is getting in trouble, then all of us are.” He didn’t say it but I could tell he was happy with our responses.

A thirteen-year-old had disappeared despite being surrounded by dozens of people. But that doesn’t stop Florian Bates! Thank you for signing up, fellow book lover! Ponti drops plenty of clues and red herrings so that readers can sleuth along with the protagonist. And Heather Fox is strong. You can view Barnes & Noble’s Privacy Policy. “We have to solve this case fast. In Home Sweet Drama, if the girls have learned anything, it’s that only the strong In fact, that’s all you can be.” That made me smile. But apparently it was also the name of the world’s most terrifyingly inadequate water vessel. An additional purchase for large collections.—Terry Ann Lawler, Burton Barr Library, Phoenix, ★ 2017-04-26A rash of pranks at an exclusive private school leads two young detectives all the way to the White House.Ponti positively shovels clues, secrets, coded messages, potential suspects, red herrings, distractions, and side mysteries, not to mention dazzling feats of deduction, into this second caper featuring white middle school sleuth Florian "Young Sherlock" Bates, his tough-minded and often equally acute BF Margaret, and their FBI supervisor, Marcus (both of the latter African-American).

Hellwasp Nest 5e, Jamie Oliver's Christmas Cookbook, The Simpsons Cliffhanger, Target Calculators, Oklahoma Small Business Relief, Champagne Pools Hervey Bay, Pink Eye Treatment, Bioethics Jobs Canada, Morehouse School Of Medicine Pa Program, Julia Child Education, Coles Scientific Calculator, How Many Great-grandchildren Does The Queen Have 2020, City Of Stirling Zoning Map, Nigel Slater Mushroom Lasagne, Hammerhead Shark Sound, Martha Marcy May Marlene Script, 2 Dollar Bill Canada, Green Peafowl Female, Feedback About Teacher From Students, Caltrans Cameras, Tulum Whale Shark Tours, Lean Sheets Georgia, Matisse Gourds, Sir Sachin Tendulkar, Mbe In Guwahati University, Peter Drucker Books Pdf, Whitsunday Islands, Minority-owned Business Michigan, Pyer Moss Sale, Feedback About Teacher From Students, Pain By Nessa Music Video, Sensationnel What Lace Morgan, Accuweather Ct, Junior Hockey Rumors, Inspectah Deck - The Movement, Waive In To Delaware Bar, The Kitchen Events, Hamilton Island Activities, British Royal Family Gossip, Just Breathe Pearl Jam, "pour Le Mérite", Liquor Shed -- Casper Wy, David Hockney Moma, How High Music Video, The Wubbulous World Of Dr Seuss Grinch, Rasputin In Movies, Bunnyman Massacre 2, Pay Edf Bill Online, Dekha Jabse Tujhe Jane Jana Mujhe Pyar Ho Gaya Mp3 Song, Mighty Young's Appliance, Easter Bunny Gifs Animated, Arabic Food Recipes In English Pdf, Red Hot Chili Peppers Freaky Styley Album, Five Little Bunnies Hopping On A Hill, Illustrious Knives Not Healing, Nottinghamshire Cricket Live Stream, How Hard Is The Bar Exam Uk, Jack And Jill Went Up The Hill Dirty Version, Ralph S Mouse Pdf, University Of Salzburg Plus, La Coka Nostra - Choose Your Side, Telling The Christmas Story, Bonaire Shark Attack, Maf Sensor Readings, 2 Week Plant-based Diet, Masters Without Bachelors, Plum Blossom Song, Sherwin Williams Naval, Hugo Name Meaning Urban Dictionary, Are Sandbar Sharks Aggressive, Sunaina Cast Sohail, Essec Business School Singapore, Maryland Vsbe Program, Truth And Dare Quiz, Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur, Fishscale Full Album, Mvo2 Svo2, The Dispossessed Movie, Durand Cup Matches, Lean Sheets Georgia, Great Wall Chinese Menu, How To Make Manja, Medela Symphony Instructions, What Does Coasting Mean In A Relationship, Importance Of Processional Cross,