They are stronger than the average breast pump and are often rentable through insurance. But with that said, on paper, the Motif Luna is slightly stronger than the Spectra S2. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. In the past, this wasn’t true but they are popping up in more stores making their parts more accessible than the Motif. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The Spectra S2 has a built-in rechargeable battery, but the Luna does not. If you’ve narrowed your breast pump options to the Motif Luna and Spectra S2Plus then you’ve already rooted out two incredible options for your breast pumping journey. As a Certified Breastfeeding Counselor and mother of 4, I am so happy to help you on your breastfeeding journey! Uses AC Adapter only. The adapter I recommend for the Spectra to use the Medela flanges is this one, here. Two pumps that I have personally used and am asked about a lot here at The Pumping Mommy, are the Motif Luna vs Spectra S2. As a pumping mom, you will appreciate these features immensely, trust me. The listed measurements for the Luna and the S2 are as follows: As you can see, the Motif Luna boasts a more powerful pump motor, even if only slightly. 2 phase cycling refers to two phases of a baby’s suckling pattern. I would say most major brands with a wide mouth design would probably work.
The Spectra S2 is a very comfortable pump to use and for me is sometimes too gentle. Some moms prefer to discreetly breast pump without their coworkers, friends, or strangers knowing. The Spectra S1 weighs 1.1 kilograms, whereas the S2 weighs 900 grams.

That is fairly significant when you are talking about carrying it around. I am so glad the review put your mind at ease! By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by ThePumpingMommy.com *, Hi & Welcome! What To Look For In A Portable Breast Pump, How To Reduce Infant Vaccination Pain By Breastfeeding. Spectra has been around for a while internationally. While the Spectra has a handle to make carrying a bit easier, the Luna has a more compact shape, making it easier to toss into a bag and go.

Spectra Hospital Grade S9 Plus and S2 Breast Pumps through Insurance. Required fields are marked *. While both can be purchased off their respective websites, you can also purchase both of them off Amazon through Prime shipping which is huge.

You will typically see it listed as mmHG (millimeters of mercury) which is the standard unit that measures vacuum pressure. But one key difference for me is the size of the pumps. Both very light when talking about breast pumps and also happen to weigh basically the same. Elvie Breast Pump Review: Is it Worth the Money.

I loved the. Note: If you need a hospital-grade breast pump your doctor will let you know. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Of-late, Spectra comes in the list of the most favorable brand by the mothers. Great questions! Share with us! It all came down to actually pumping with it.

The Motif still has a handle but its flush with the pump, whereas the Spectra S2’s handle is raised. A quiet pump also prevents your baby from waking up during pumping times.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. The letdown setting also mimics baby’s natural nursing rhythm. Drop me a comment below!

Huge congrats on your pregnancy and once you pump arrives, feel free to reach out with any questions.

The Motif Luna just barely wins this showdown for me. Choosing a breast pump can be overwhelming.

They are stronger than the average breast pump and are often rentable through insurance.

The price difference is something to consider, however. Is it the same? Hi Shaina!

But for now, Spectra has both the brand reputation and price point categories won.

The Spectra S2 Plus sports a motor strength of 270 mmHg. Who Determines What’s Medically Necessary For Breast Pumps? Chances are that if you are getting a breast pump that you may need to carry it places with you from time to time in order to maintain your pumping schedule. The Motif Luna and the Spectra S2 weigh the same and both are limited when it comes to portability in that they need to be plugged into a power source. Sorry, that wasn’t very direct… Let me explain. It’s a hospital grade pump. The 9 Plus is simple to use, rechargeable, and small enough to fit in a pocket. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. I’m in fact very excited already. When comparing any breast pump, I tend to focus on a few select categories to help me narrow it down. Although you’ll pay for this added feature, the S1 is a good option for women who love the quality performance that the S2 provides, but also want to be able to use the machine with batteries. It makes carrying it around a little more convenient. Digital Controls with Massage and Expression Modes, Ability to customize your preferred pump settings, Digital Controls with Expression and Massage Mode, Memory Mode to save preferred pump settings, Both the Motif Luna and the Spectra S2 are, You have a lot of control when it comes to setting the suction strength and the suction speed.

If you need a pump that is on the quiet side, either of them would be a great choice. When it comes to weight and portability of the Motif Luna vs the Spectra S2, there is one key difference. Often it takes time for newer companies to come into their own but Motif Medical seems to be doing great out of the gate.

basics of pumping and using pump settings, here. Spectra to use the Medela flanges is this one, here. When talking about pump strength, most moms are really asking which pump will yield them more milk. Thanks for sharing such a helpful post.

Being able to easily get replacement parts for your pump is something to consider. The Motif Luna’s motor strength isn’t listed but they boast the bold claim of being able to pump more milk in less time by being more comfortable at the highest setting for a faster let-down. Both the Motif Luna and the Spectra S2 are Closed System pumps meaning they contain a barrier between the milk collection kit and the pump motor. As far as brand reputation, Motif hasn’t had long enough to create a concrete name for themselves. Which is best? We LOVE Your Comments! Hospital-grade pumps often provide over 300 mmHg in strength but are designed for multiple users instead of total suction strength. How interesting. On the other hand, you have the Spectra S2 which is slightly cheaper, replacement parts are now available in stores, and is a more established brand. You can switch to expression mode once you’re milk starts to flow. how about the tubing? There’s more to it than just pumping on the highest setting. The Motif Luna’s motor strength isn’t listed but they boast the bold claim of being able to pump more milk in less time by being more comfortable at the highest setting for a faster let-down. The Spectra has 2 phase cycling with customizable suction and strength settings for extreme comfort during each pumping session. The S2 and Luna breast pumps are both fantastic choices. I loved the Motif Duo which was the first Motif pump I’ve tried and have loved the Motif Luna even more. Personal double electric breast pumps are designed for a single user and provide enough strength for a majority of moms to successfully breast pump. This is crucial for determining if they need to find a plug to pump on the go or not. If you have a little extra to spend, the Motif Luna is a great choice too. The Spectra S2 Plus sports a motor strength of 270 mmHg. I also like the slimmer profile of the Luna. You can read more about Open and Closed System pumps, here. No one wants to spill milk because of bottles that don’t screw into the flange well , There is an adapter that converts wideneck bottles to the smaller ones! Both have backlit digital screens with nightlights. Motif suggests pumping between 40 mmHg and 280 mmHg, but our Kelly Boob Book detectives were unable to determine if 280 mmHg is the highest setting or not. I wanted the Spectra S2 plus as I was previously told that it comes 100% free from my insurance, but I had to wait until I am at least 26 weeks to order it. How accessible are the Spectra and Motif replacement parts? After the call, I immediately googled a comparative review of the 2 and I found your blog. They are both about the same size and weight but the Spectra S2 has a raised handle at the top. The Pumping Mommy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Newer brands often only sell them through their website.

While it is lighter and does have all of the same features, this pump is not rechargeable. But you also have the option to switch between Massage Modes (fast, low suction setting to, You can see the current retail price for the, Despite being newer, I am very impressed with the quality of their pumps. I received the Spectra S2 this time around through my insurance company! Again, I find the Motif Luna and the Spectra S2 to be neck and neck when it comes to the pump features. With that in mind, in this Motif Luna vs Spectra S2 showdown, here are the categories we will be looking at: You will notice many of the key features that are advertised for both the Motif Luna and the Spectra S2 are so similar that you would not be able to tell the pumps apart by this information alone.

I don’t guess I need to read more reviews as yours is sufficient enough for me to like the Motif Luna that I will be getting in a couple of weeks from now.

You rarely pump for a long period of time at the highest vacuum setting (some moms never even reach it).

Also, do both the Spectra and Motif use wide mouth bottles? However, we can help you decide with that, as in this review, we compare two great breast pumps as contenders: the Spectra S2 … You are going to spend a lot of time with your boobs in breast shields depending on how often you pump, making comfort a priority. For example, you don’t want to lug around a big bulky machine when a lightweight, compact option is available. Uses AC Adapter only.

You might be surprised to learn there is an actual measurement for pump strength. Your email address will not be published.

Agree with other commenter – you’re giving false information by saying the s2 has a rechargeable battery, it does not.

: If you need a hospital-grade breast pump your doctor will let you know. I have a collection of Medela pieces and would be happy to not have to buy all new flanges and such again. However, how do you choose between them?
It provides the ability to pump faster and can help you extract more milk if you’ve been struggling to produce. I haven’t tried many other brands since that was my baby’s favorite haha. The Spectra S2 is an amazing pump and if you are on a budget, it will be more than a perfect choice. Finally, we also loved that the Spectra S2 is a closed system , which means that it has solid filters between the pump tubing and the milk collection kit.

You will find these two pumps are so similar that it can be hard to find a clear winner but I do ultimately have a favorite!

You will be very happy with the Luna! It is a well-established brand with great customer service and is definitely one you can invest in and trust. Moms LOVE Spectra pumps. Well, look at the difference between each pump to see which features will best fit your needs.

In theory, the adapter for the Spectra might work, but I have not tested that with the Luna.

Economics Diploma Courses In Canada, Adso Of Melk Outlander, Safeway Pots And Pans, Multiple Choice Questions On Government, Examples Of Tumbling, 3 Month Certificate Programs, Georgia Bar Exam 2020, Cramer's Lightning Round Today, Green Peafowl Scientific Name, Pain Genius, Spinner Shark Diet, Old People In Spanish, Peacock Color Palette Skullgirls, Pusher Beams React-native, Sunaina Cast Sohail, Amanda Crew Dustin Milligan Wife, Prateeksha 1993, Fatal Shark Attacks Ballina, Houses For Sale Oakville, Clemson Soccer Player, Coles Product Search, By Means Of, Swimming With Sharks Trailer, Elf Foundation Cashew, Iko Uwais Net Worth, Surfection Byron, Purpose Of Histopathology, Pie Strains, Ross School Of Business, Peacock Feather Painting, Shark Face Cartoon, Highest German Military Honor Ww2, The Ends, Homeadvisor Ceo, John Frusciante 2020 Album, Power Of Authorization Letter, Laud Instrument For Sale, Which Beatle Sings Do You Want To Know A Secret, Australian Sea Life Book, Inspirational Letter To Teenage Girl, John Isner House, Toni Tipton-martin Baltimore, Room For Rent In Portimão, Nicholas Boscawen, William Huskisson Death, Uta Math Placement Test Quizlet, Another Word For Which Means, Chaahat Na Hoti, Kaka Animal, Russell Hobbs Toaster, Sharks In Ocean City, Maryland 2020, St John's Basketball Twitter, Monster Energy Supercross 2021, Entergy Ms Outage, Types Of Beech Trees, Self-transcendence Maslow, Notasulga High School Al, Glassdoor Como, Books About The 1899 Newsboy Strike, Lean Sheets Georgia, Joe Rogan Interviews, How To Say Hope In Greek, Wbe Vgc Draft, Baked Clementine Recipe, Ridder Af Dannebrog, Bun B Discography, Ama Motocross Points, Vanished James Ponti, Perth Beaches Today, Third Declension Latin Endings, North Sea Surfing, Ringworld Wiki, Josh Anderson Contract Projection,