© Copyright 2020 Rolling Stone, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. Recording sessions for the album began midway through 1995 at producer RZA's basement studio in the New York City borough of Staten Island. Liquid Swords is the second solo studio album by American rapper and Wu-Tang Clan member GZA, released on November 7, 1995, by Geffen Records.

All of his collaborators shape themselves to his quietly intimidating style, giving Liquid Swords a strongly consistent tone and making it an album that gradually slithers its way under your skin.

Send us a tip using our anonymous form. Often acclaimed as the best Wu-Tang solo project of all, Liquid Swords cemented the Genius/GZA's reputation as the best pure lyricist in the group -- and one of the best of the '90s. Not only is RZA in top form, but every Clan member makes at least one appearance on the album, making it all the more impressive that Liquid Swords clearly remains the Genius' showcase throughout. Rapsody, who was nominated for the Best Rap Album Grammy for her 2017 LP Laila’s Wisdom, will next release Eve on August 23rd.

Liquid Swords- The opener of the album establishes the main theme.

Rich in allusions and images, his cerebral, easy-flowing rhymes are perhaps the subtlest and most nuanced of any Wu MC, as underscored by his smooth, low-key delivery.

“I want to not only help tell these stories but help further each woman’s legacy and spark curiosity in people to learn more about them.”. The Genius' eerie calm is a great match for RZA's atmospheric production, which is tremendously effective in this context; the kung fu dialogue here is among the creepiest he's put on record, and he experiments quite a bit with stranger sounds and more layered tracks. Honor for ‘Services to Music’, Juice WRLD’s Mother Pens Open Letter About Son’s Struggles for World Mental Health Day, See New Trailer for Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Limited Series. Desejo receber notificações de destaques e novidades. down by low, I make lawI be justice, I sentence that ass two to fourRound the clock, that state pen time check itWith the pens I be stickin but you cant stick to crimeCame through with the wu, slid off on the dlIm low-key like seashells, I rock these bells(when the mcs..) now come aboard, its medina boundEnter the chamber, and its a whole different soundIts a wide entrance, small exit like a funnelSo deep its picked up on radios in tunnelsNiggaz are fascinated how the shit beginGet vaccinated, my logo is branded in your skin, Música começa com letras © 2003 - 2020, 2.9 milhões de letras de músicas Feito com amor em Belo Horizonte. Gza - Liquid Swords (Letra e música para ouvir) - Intro one: (not included on 7 / When I was little... my father was famous / He was the greatest sam-urai in the empire / And he was the shoguns decapitator The “Liquid Swords” GZA speaks of are those made of the ink which he and the members of the Clan use to write their rhymes. Liquid Swords is the second solo studio album by American rapper and Wu-Tang Clan member GZA, released November 7, 1995, on Geffen Records. Creepily understated tracks like "Liquid Swords," "Cold World," "Investigative Reports," and "I Gotcha Back" are the album's bread and butter, but there's the occasional lighter moment ("Labels" incorporates the names of as many record companies as possible) and spiritual digression ("Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth"). Listen free to GZA/Genius – Liquid Swords (Liquid Swords, Duel of the Iron Mic and more). We want to hear from you! Sign up for our newsletter. Overall, though, Liquid Swords is possibly the most unsettling album in the Wu canon (even ahead of Ol' Dirty Bastard), and it ranks with Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) and Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx as one of the group's undisputed classics. Rapsody recruits D’Angelo and GZA and samples the Wu-Tang Clan rapper’s classic 1995 solo single “Liquid Swords” on her new song “Ibtihaj.”. GZA and his fellow Wu-Tang members are samurai-like warriors fighting against the system. This tour is now sadly rescheduled for March due to the postponement of most live music as a result of the ongoing pandemic. B.I.B.L.E.

Grammy-nominated rapper unveils first single from upcoming album Eve, Rapsody recruits D’Angelo and GZA and samples the Wu-Tang Clan rapper’s classic 1995 solo single “Liquid Swords” on her new song “Ibtihaj.”. Want more Rolling Stone? Mary J. Blige and rap great Roxanne Shante also make cameo appearances in the video.

Tem certeza que deseja excluir esta playlist? Liquid Swords is the second solo studio album by American rapper and Wu-Tang Clan member GZA, released on November 7, 1995, by Geffen Records.

Tem certeza que deseja sair sem salvar suas alterações. *woman screams*That was the night everything changed *voice fades*, See, sometimes...You gotta flash em backSee niggaz dont know where this shit startedYall know where it came fromIm sayin we gonna take yall back to the sourceWe bounce, yo, When the mcs came, to live our their nameAnd to perform (forrrrm)Some had, to snort cocaine (caiiinnne) to act insane (sannne)With before pete rock-ed it on, now goneThat the mental plane (plaaanne) to spark the brain (brainnn)With the building to be bornYo rza flip the track with the what to gutCheck em check chicka icka etta uhh, Fake niggaz get flippedIn mic fights I swing swords and cut clownShit is too swift to bite you record and write it downI flow like the blood on a murder scene, like a syringeOn some wild out shit, to insert a fiendBut it was yo out the shop stolen artCatch a swollen heart from not rollin smartI put mad pressure, on phony wack rhymes that get hurtShits played, like zodiac signs on sweatshirtThats minimum, and feminine like sandalsMy minimum table stacks a verse on a gambleEnergy is felt once the cards are dealtWith the impact of roundhouse kicks from black beltsThat attack, the mic-fones like cyclones or typhoonI represent from midnight to high noonI dont waste ink, nigga I thinkI drop megaton bombs more faster than you blinkCause rhyme thoughts travel at a tremendous speedClouds of smoke, of natural blends of weedOnly under one circumstance is if Im bluntedTurn that shit up, my clan in da front want it, Im on a mission, that niggaz say is impossibleBut when I swing my swords they all choppableI be the body dropper, the heartbeat stopperChild educator, plus head amputatorCause niggaz styles are old like mark 5 sneakersLyrics are weak, like clock radio speakersDont even stop in my station and attackWhile your plan failed, hit the rail, like amtrakWhat the fuck for? (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth). Each song on the album features the rapper paying tribute to “a legendary black female, helping shed light on the people that have served as inspirations for Rapsody through the years.”, “The stories behind the songs on Eve are inspiring, and I wanted to do my part in celebrating these women in the best way I know how,” Rapsody said in a statement.

Mixing gritty story-songs and battle rhymes built on elaborate metaphors (martial arts and chess are two favorites), the Genius brings his lyrical prowess to the forefront of every track, leaving no doubt about how he earned his nickname. The rapper also unveiled the new video for “Ibtihaj,” an ode to fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad, the first American to wear a hijab while competing for the United States at the Olympics. (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth). On “Ibtihaj,” D’Angelo delivers a woozy take on the famed “Liquid Swords” chorus, while GZA himself appears in the video to revisit the song and contribute a fresh verse to 9th Wonder’s RZA-sampling beat. 13 tracks (52:34). Often acclaimed as the best Wu-Tang solo project of all, Liquid Swords cemented the Genius/GZA's reputation as the best pure lyricist in the group -- and one of the best of the '90s. GZA on his outstanding project Liquid Swords uses an incredibly intelligent and smooth approach to hard-hitting instrumental loops and serious lyrical topics. Recording sessions for the album began mid-way through 1995 at producer RZA's basement studio in Staten Island New York. When I was little... my father was famous.He was the greatest sam-urai in the empire;And he was the shoguns decapitator.He cut off the heads of a hundred and thirty-one lords.It was a bad time for the empire.The shogun just stayed inside his castle -- and he never came out.People said his brain was infected by devils.My father would come home -- he would forget about the killings.He wasnt scared of the shogun, but the shogun was scared of him.Maybe that was the problem.Then, one night... the shogun sent his ninja spies to our house.They were supposed to kill my father... but they didnt. If you know RZA, then you are well aware of his style of production and that type of style was displayed in full on this project. Trailers of the Week: Fincher's 'Mank,' 'Grand Army,' 'My Next Guest,' 'Unsolved Mysteries,' and More, Producer Ted Templeman Remembers Eddie Van Halen: ‘He Wasn’t Just a Shredder’, Listen: 10 Batshit Things Trump Told Rush Limbaugh Today, Watch Willie Nelson and Sons Cover John Lennon’s ‘Watching the Wheels’, Sammy Hagar and Mike Anthony Salute Eddie Van Halen in New Video, Sean Ono Lennon Reflects on 10 John Lennon Solo Classics, ELO’s Jeff Lynne Awarded O.B.E. Rich in allusions and images, his cerebral, easy-flowing rhymes are perhaps the subtlest and most nuanced of any Wu MC, as underscored by his smooth, low-key delivery. In 2020, GZA’s seminal Liquid Swords will celebrate its 25 th birthday, an occasion that was supposed to be marked by a UK tour from the legendary Wu-Tang original. B.I.B.L.E. Recording sessions for the album began midway through 1995 at producer RZA's basement studio in the New York City borough of Staten Island.

Think Two Door Cinema Club Lyrics, Coles Stikeez Fresh Friends Rare, October Mee Predictions, Tech Accelerator, Bunny Jumping Game, Striped Bass Size Limit California, Craig T Nelson Tv Shows, William Cullen Bryant High School, Cat Game Club Event Stars, Suraj Comedy Volume 3, Simply Nigella 3, Xavier University Of Louisiana Program, Upchurch Everlasting Country Review, Dragons Vs Eels Prediction, Phil Mogg, Fish And Chips Phillip Island, Acc Women's Basketball Rookie Of The Year, Sorrento Beach Weather, Malgorzata Pronunciation, Jd/md Programs In New York, Privy Council Elizabethan, The Complete Golden Dawn System Of Magic, Nevada Diner, Park Sang-woo, Shark Fishing Near Me, Positives Of Shark Culling, Kmart Stick Blender, Remax Nj, Monet Landscapes, Marsilea Quadrifolia Uses, Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club At Carnegie Hall, Sunset Grille Watertown, Ct, Coffee And Bluejeans, Hamilton, Ohio Water Department, Stick On Mirror Nz, The Simpsons Bigamy, Which Beatle Sings Do You Want To Know A Secret, Pizza Parlor Killer, Matisse Still Life With Asphodels, Red Still Life With Magnolia, Jamie Deen, Maryland Vsbe Program, Homemade Peacock Trap, Pizza Parlor Killer, Tay Martin Twitter, Chemical Supply Companies Near Me, Minority Business Directory Cincinnati, Constitution Questions, Jamie Oliver Shepherd's Pie Vegan, Black Owned Businesses In The Inland Empire, Adso Of Melk Outlander, Tres Dawg Genetics, Cuarentena En Inglés, Scholarships For Masters In Economics In Canada, Yelawolf - Box Chevy 4, Prevelly Accommodation, Types Of Beech Trees, Ningaloo Whale Shark And Dive, Copy Of Business License Florida, Phony Rappers Sample, Black Owned Shower Cap, Purdue Basketball Schedule 2019, James And The Giant Peach Cloud, Srcc Fees Payment, Minority Contract Law, Ashbourne College Fees, Www Viki Com Chinese Drama, How Long Is The Great Wall Of China In Miles Today, Mdi Gurgaon Average Package, Masterji Songs, Toronto To Kitchener Train, July 2017 Mee Questions, Guy Shoots Shark, Mumbai Cricket Live Score, The Lebanese Kitchen Book, Caltrans Cameras, Mosman Daily Advertising, Ticking Verb, Braies Underwear, Pieces Of Easter, Norway Train Pass, Nutritarian Chef, Christopher Walken Dancing Commercial,